- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Financial Controller (Full Time)
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing science and technology-driven pharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 6 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines. Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team.
APC is currently looking to appoint a Group Financial Reporting Controller which is a key role in the financial team. Working closely with the executives of the business this candidate would be responsible for leading the finance team and for managing and monitoring our internal and external financial reporting processes and systems.
- Providing leadership and direction to the financial reporting team to ensure they are engaged, focussed, developed and delivering to their potential.
- Producing insight and commentary for monthly financial reporting to be circulated to the Group executive and Board of Directors in line with the Group’s reporting timescales.
- Responsibility for day to day finance function operations including responsibility for statutory reporting and tax compliance
- Manage the annual budgeting process providing insight and analysis as required.
- Responsibility for monthly management accounts, reconciliations and monitoring and reporting on the cash flows of the Group.
- Establishing and maintaining a streamlined, system based solutions which enables the efficient co-ordination and compilation of Group statutory financial statements.
- Managing the external audit engagements of the group financial statements to ensure that the Group audit is successfully completed.
- Resolving technical accounting issues to provide advice and guidance on the appropriate accounting treatments, for current and emerging issues, which ensure that the Group’s financial position is maximised and aligned to the financial objectives.
- Maintaining group financial systems, dealing with user queries and liaise with outsourced vendors for support i.e. outsourced payroll, to ensure users are able to accurately report financial information.
- Managing end-to-end projects /change implementation within well-defined timelines and budget.
- Help implement and maintain a robust control environment across the company to strengthen internal controls.
- Continually evaluate and optimize month-end close and other finance processes, including proactively review the current process used to prepare individual entity statutory accounts.
- Qualified accountant with +5 years post qualification experience
- A working knowledge of IT packages and solutions an advantage
- Experience working in an organisation with several different businesses and locations an advantage
- Previously & successfully developed a team, improved processes and managed stakeholders to deliver same is experience needed for this role.
- Ability to find a positive solution while balancing different stakeholder needs.
- Have strong computer and analytical skills; this to include a high level of proficiency in excel.
A key member of the Leadership Team, the purpose of this role is to enhance and deepen the performance of the financial department across the organisation, and to initiate and implement good financial practices including budgeting, financial control across the organisation, and take responsibility for statutory reporting and tax compliance
If you believe you have the capability required and the interest in being part of this dynamic rapidly growing organisation, we would love to talk to you. The closing date for applications is Monday 26th February, 2018.