- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Project Manager (Full Time)
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing science and technology driven pharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 5 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team. If you are interested in a career focused on technical innovation, technology design and impact, we would love to hear from you.
To act as Project Manager for assigned projects and ensure projects deliver the clients and APC requirements on time and for the agreed cost.
This is achieved through close partnership with the Project Technical Lead and partnership with the Functional Leads to resolve issues. The scope includes all pre-project activities, project mobilization, project scheduling and monitoring, budget adherence and extensions, Client management and Client interactions.
Client relationship and scoping
- In partnership with others in the Commercial group, develop the client relationship and help secure RFPs and projects through Client visits, conference calls and Q&A
- Write proposals and revisions that meet the required scope
- Ensure appropriate Tech Operations input into scoping process
- Create high level timeline
- Ensure appropriate contracts and other documentation are in place. Organise and support client’s quality and safety audits.
Act as Project Manager for assigned projects
- Lead the project mobilization effort and network within APC and the client to ensure timely availability of equipment, materials, and drive resolution of special considerations such as access to 3rd party capability, Safety items, Quality level, external licencing. Co-ordinate timely project start and team allocation.
- Lead the Internal project kick-off and facilitate smooth handover from Commercial function to the project team
- Define deliverables and, with the Project Technical Lead input, create the project plan. create Gantt chart including the schedule of documentation deliverables
- Proactively manage adherence to the plan, resolve issues and escalate where necessary. Maintain a close connection with the Project Technical Lead and support them in the resolution of issues that arise. Manage external subcontractor work where that forms part of the project.
- Manage Project budget control to ensure project adherence to budget/FTE/timeline. Manage invoicing, extension vs overrun and write, justify and drive approval of Change Order Requests
- Define the Client management plan and manage the client relationship throughout the project. Facilitate technical updates and deliver overall Project updates, Weekly emails, Minutes. Organise client visits where required
- At project completions, manage the report approval process and project close out process both internally and with the client.
Develop and improve the Project Management function
- Actively improve the templates and project management processes that are used by the project management function in order to deliver increased value to APC
- Work collaboratively with the Functional Leads, Technical Leads and others to ensure the processes are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the cross-functional APC environment.
Skills & Knowledge
- Evidenced track record in project management of pharmaceutical process design projects.
- Technical experience in fields such as process chemistry, chemical engineering, crystallization, analytics, PAT, process modelling, DoE, QbD and continuous processing.
- Proven track record in internal and external technical communication.
- PhD in Chemistry or PhD in Chemical Engineering or related area
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry or BE/ME Chemical Engineering or related area.
- Minimum of 3 years’ industry experience in technical management (if PhD qualified); or
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience in technical management (if master’s qualified)
If you believe you have the capability required and the interest in being part of this dynamic rapidly growing organisation, we would like to talk to you.
The closing date for applications is Monday 29th July 2019.
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.