- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Downstream Bioprocess Development Scientist/Engineer (Full Time)
Downstream Bioprocess Development Scientist/Engineer
APC Ltd is an award-winning science- and technology-driven biopharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 5 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world, and we continue to grow.
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised bioprocess engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team. If you are interested in a career focused on technical innovation, technology design and impact, we would love to hear from you.
About the team
Department: Technical Operations Reports to: Biologics Functional Lead
Our Biologics team comprises of 16 highly qualified, capable and welcoming colleagues. We support our clients by delivering world class bioprocess development to accelerate the delivery of quality, life-changing medicines to the patient across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
Our team vision is to enhance the bioprocess development experience for our clients in a dynamic and cross-collaborative environment.
Principal Duties and Objectives
- Operate to GLP standards within a R&D laboratory
- Provide R&D laboratory support across the APC Bioprocess Development Group through collaboration with other scientists and engineers, both internally and externally
- Working within a research team to plan, organise and deliver R&D biopharmaceutical research projects
- Monitor, develop and optimize downstream processes (Tangential Flow/Depth Filtration, Chromatography)
- Develop biopharmaceutical scale-up strategies
- Based on needs, develop and introduce new techniques, methods and processes to improve business effectiveness
- Prepare technical presentations and report material
- Present the issues, results and project progress to client companies and management
- Minimum of 3-4+ years industry experience in biopharmaceutical downstream process research and development (if PhD qualified); minimum of 5-6+ years industry experience (if masters qualified); or minimum of 7+ years industry experience (if Bachelors qualified).
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
- In-depth understanding of Chromatography and/or Tangential Flow/Depth Filtration principles
- Hands-on experience with AKTA chromatography systems
- Self-motivated with demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and “can-do” attitude
- Excellent technical writing skills, with previous technical presentation experience.
- Ability to disseminate information to research team and directors.
- Good understanding of DoE and QbD for process development
- Experience with scale-up techniques for processes from laboratory to plant scale
How to apply
Suitable candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business
Monday 29th July 2019
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.