- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Senior Process Development Scientist (Full Time)
Senior Process Development Scientist
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing science- and technology-driven pharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 5 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team. If you are interested in a career focused on technical innovation, technology design and impact, we would love to hear from you.
About the team
Department: Technical Operations
Reports to: Functional Lead for Chemistry
Our Chemistry Team comprises of 20 highly qualified, capable and welcoming colleagues. We collaborate cross-functionally with Engineers and Analysts to deliver innovative solutions to our client companies. Our team vision is to deliver excellence through effective collaboration.
Principal Duties and Objectives
R&D Pharmaceutical Research Project Support
- Working within a cross-functional research team, lead the planning, execution, and delivery of R&D pharmaceutical research projects.
- Perform, as required, hands-on R&D experimental work, as well as direction of research activities, through collaboration with scientists and engineers, both internally and externally.
- Solve complex technical problems and take responsibility for implementing the solutions.
- Prepare and review technical presentations and report material, and present the issues, results and project progress to clients.
- Ensure that operation to GLP standard within the R&D laboratory is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to in line with relevant local and legal requirements.
- Liaise with the Laboratory Manager as required to maintain a shared awareness of the issues requiring attention within the laboratories.
- Develop and introduce new technologies and workflows and support the introduction of new processes to improve business effectiveness.
- Generate ideas and suggestions on how to improve technical capabilities.
- Coach, mentor, and train junior team members.
- Represent the organisation at conference events.
- Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. in Chemistry or related area
- 10+ years industry experience in pharmaceutical R&D post degree or 5+ years industry experience in pharmaceutical sector if Ph.D. qualified
- Ability to technically lead a number of projects
- Ability to direct scientific work of a research team, create efficient and effective experimental plans, monitor progress, and interpret data in order to make timely adjustments to workplans
- Specialist knowledge/experience in chemical/pharmaceutical process development, robustness and scale-up
- Flexible and able to adapt within a dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and meet set deadlines
- Excellent technical communications skills, with previous technical writing and presentation experience
- Aptitude for research
- Demonstrated use of PAT in reaction and/or crystallization monitoring
- Experience of reaction kinetics, process/reaction modelling
- Proficiency in applying DoE and QbD for process development and optimisation
- Experienced in scale-up techniques, from laboratory to plant scale
How to apply
Suitable candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business Monday 16th September 2019
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.