- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Process Development Engineer (Full Time)
Process Development Engineer
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing science- and technology-driven pharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 5 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team. If you are interested in a career focused on technical innovation, technology design and impact, we would love to hear from you.
Principal Duties and Objectives
R&D Pharmaceutical Research Engineer Project Support
- Working within a research team, co-ordinate the planning, organising and delivery of R&D pharmaceutical research projects.
- Prepare and review technical presentations and report material, and present the issues, results and project progress to clients as required.
- Based on project needs, develop and introduce new techniques, methods and processes to improve business effectiveness.
- Demonstrate the use of problem-solving skills requiring the application of engineering principles, calculations and computational methods in approaching technical challenges.
- Adopt, maintain and improve on APC’s engineering workflows and their incorporation into the day-to-day execution of commercial research projects and internal innovation strands.
- Generate ideas and suggestions on how to improve technical capabilities.
- Coach mentor and train junior team members.
- Represent the organisation at conference events.
- Provide R&D laboratory support across the organisation through collaboration with scientists and engineers, both internally and externally.
- Ensure that operation to GLP standard within a R&D laboratory is always maintained.
- Monitor, develop and optimise pharmaceutical reaction and purification unit processes.
- Develop pharmaceutical scale-up and optimisation strategies through application of engineering workflows and modelling tools which support the successful tech transfer of the final product to our partners.
- Where applicable, support the execution of commercial and innovation R&D projects using engineering modelling tools such as CFD, Matlab, Python, MVDA, Dynochem etc.
- Perform analytical characterisation of isolated materials.
- Solve complex technical problems and take responsibility for implementing the solutions.
- Ensure clear technical reports are written with sound conclusions. Author, review and approve reports a required. Ensure lab book write-up review/closeout is completed.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to in line with relevant local and legal requirements.
- Liaise with the Laboratory Manager as required to maintain a shared awareness of the issues requiring attention within the laboratories.
- PhD in Chemical or Bio Engineering or related area; or Msc in Chemical or Bio Engineering or related area; or Bachelors in Chemical or Bio Engineering or related area.
- Minimum of 1-2+ years industry experience in pharmaceutical process research and development.
- Experienced in pharmaceutical Engineering / Chemistry analysis
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment
- Self-motivated with demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent technical communications skills, with previous technical presentation experience
- Ability to disseminate information to research team and directors
- Demonstrated use of PAT in reaction and/or crystallization monitoring
- Understanding of kinetics of reactions, process/reaction modelling
- Good understanding of DoE and QbD for process development
- Experience with scale-up techniques for processes from laboratory to plant scale
- Background and grounding in Matlab, Dynochem, Python, CFD, MVDA and JMP.
How to apply
Suitable candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business
Monday 16th September 2019
The salary is negotiable and dependent on the experience of the successful candidate.