- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Business Development Associate (Full Time)
Business Development Associate
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing pharmaceutical process research company, with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. In the space of 5 years, our science and technology driven solutions have pioneered innovation in the sector, and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, our highly capable and qualified team delivers specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team.
Supporting our continued growth, we have a need to augment our Business Development team at this exciting phase in our development. This role arises as part of that development.
The successful candidate will share our passion for accelerating the delivery of medicines to patients worldwide, working in a collaborative team setting.
- Leading and delivering on early stage business development velocity across APC’s commercial synthetic and biologics services lines and strategic focus areas.
- Generating outbound and inbound leads and opportunities initially through the first stage of APC’s opportunity managemen process.
- APC has a clearly defined ideal customer profile, ranging from large to small pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and the candidate will be expected to generate and qualify appropriate leads using defined opportunity management process.
- Build relevant audience through developing our account & contact base, managed through salesforce CRM
- Use APC tools and multiple sources to research existing network to leverage it to get quality US/Europe introductions for outbound.
- Work internally at APC with innovators to capture shareable, valuable content (whitepapers, case-studies, slide decks, video-content) whilst ensuring the brand messaging is consistent.
- Scan prospects & competitor websites to understand who we should be targeting
- Sales pipeline development
- Appointment and meeting setting for Sales Managers/Directors
- Implement awareness campaigns in advance of events/workshops & business development travel. This will include digital postings on website & linkedin, email signatures & website sign-up forms.
- From web, partners, APC team, Event contacts, Linkedin Lead Generation etc.
- Filter and qualify opportunities
- Research prospects after inbound queries, & prepare first level response
- Nurture and manage pipeline stages – move opportunities down funnel
Key task results
- Exceptional marketing qualified to sales qualified lead ratios.
- Clear early stage sales velocity from activity.
- Secure prospect meetings for Business Managers /Directors
- Strong clear verbal and written communication
- Develop product knowledge as per onboarding plan
- Follow APC processes including keeping CRM up to date with accurate data & reporting
- Support movement of prospects through funnel
What you will bring to this role
- 2/3 years’ experience in similar role with a strong track record of success.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Wordpress CRM experience preferred
- Additional qualification in sales, marketing or technical sales roles preferred.
How to apply
If you believe you have the skills and drive to be successful in this role, please forward your CV and Cover Letter by close of business 16th September 2019
APC offers a very competitive package, aligned with individual experience
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regards to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by Irish Law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.