- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Business Development Directors – Europe/US (Full Time)
Business Development Directors – Europe/US
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing pharmaceutical process research company, with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. In the space of 5 years, our science and technology driven solutions have pioneered innovation in the sector, and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, our highly capable and qualified team delivers specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team.
Supporting our continued growth, we have a need to augment our Business Development resource, both in the US, where we opened our first US office in March 2019, and in Europe, an equally important market for our current and emerging services.
The successful candidate will share our passion for accelerating the delivery of medicines to patients worldwide, working in collaborative team setting.
- Spearheading APC’s Client Management activities in your area, you will maintain and develop relationships with the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies – specifically:
- New client development
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key clients
- Ensuring understanding of client organisations/key stake holders
- Ensuring our client visit process is proactively managed
- You will deliver agreed Sales/Budget, using Salesforce to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting –
- Ownership of end-to-end sales process – RFP > pricing > proposal > revision > win
- Ownership of Sales Plan – management and reporting thereof
- Define pricing strategy to enhance opportunity delivery
- You will use your extensive experience of the Market to identify, develop and maintain contacts that provide leverage and deliver opportunities to APC
- Providing guidance on market trends and advice to APC service provision – diversifying APC technology platforms and improving value proposition/efficiencies.
- Working with Marketing colleagues to define appropriate marketing collateral and delivery – events, presentations, online presence etc.
- Acting as an APC Company/Brand representative –
- Championing APC brand to market
- Championing company ethos and mission
- Communication and collaboration
- An excellent networker and collaborator, you will work with colleagues within our commercial organisation to create and implement new market entry/ lead-generation strategies, analyse sales funnel metrics and develop strategies to convert leads through to projects.
- You will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a dedication to responsiveness with clients and colleagues
- You’ll bring your organisational skills to the fore with accurate and timely agendas, minutes, actions etc.
What you will bring to this role
- US or European location as appropriate. For US applicants, specifically the Boston, MA locale.
- Minimum MSc in Science related discipline. MBA an advantage
- 10 years + experience in Business Development in contract pharmaceutical services environment
- Strong technical knowledge of drug development process
- Ability to operate effectively as working remotely, team building with remote colleagues a key requirement
- Self-motivated with demonstrated project management skills
- Strong communications skills, including technical communication, with exemplary presentation abilities
- Ability to disseminate information to research team and directors
How to apply
If you believe you have the experience, skills and drive to succeed in this exciting role, please submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business 16th September 2019
APC offers a very competitive package, aligned with individual experience
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regards to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by Irish Law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.