- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Business Development Manager (Full Time)
Business Development Manager
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing pharmaceutical process research company, with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. In the space of 5 years, our science and technology driven solutions have pioneered innovation in the sector, and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, our highly capable and qualified team delivers specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team.
Supporting our continued growth, we have a need to augment our Business Development team, and this role arises as a result of that development.
Business Development Manager has responsibility for prospecting and developing existing accounts and key relationships across Biopharma and Pharmaceutical companies in the territory. The successful candidate will have direct responsibility for developing and managing their business plan and the individual account plans to ensure overall growth of the business as well as penetration of key market segments consistent with APCs marketing plan.
- Prospect and develop bio/pharm accounts for APCs core business of process development across the life cycle of a medicine, from Phase 1, through late stage NDA FDA submission, to next generation process design.
- Create and actively manage territory and business plans in conjunction with the Business Director to ensure achievement of business growth objectives.
- Develop and maintain engagement with key account stakeholders (Director+) through a peer level relationship that demonstrates an understanding of their business needs and technical requirements for driving innovation across their portfolio pipeline and delivering value externalization thereby driving faster development time, lower cost and decreased risk of supply.
- Ensure APC’s market leading brand of innovation and technical excellence is communicated and reinforced by creating and sustaining awareness across all key account stakeholders and relevant business areas.
- Network with industry colleagues, clients and prospects through a variety of meetings, conferences and symposiums focused around APC’s key market segments
- Ensure knowledge and competency across APCs market segments sufficient to engage with key stakeholders on a one-to-one basis.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to support and develop APC’s business partnerships through effective and appropriate communication.
- Efficiently utilize technical and business expertise within APC to penetrate, grow and sustain important business relationships.
- Effectively work with and within the APC business development team
- Excellent business, development and sales acumen.
- Good understanding of how drug portfolios are managed and prioritized by bio/pharma companies.
- Familiarity with both small molecule (synthetic) and large molecule (biologics) API and drug product
- Builds strong relationships with peers both internally and externally
- Works cross-functionally with all partners and stakeholders to ensure high performance and nurture innovation
- Creates an positive, open forum for effective communication and learning internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal and technical business communication skills with previous presentation experience and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates personal flexibility and adaptability in a continuously evolving environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment
- Bio/pharma science or engineering experience with focus on development and CMC, preferably with experience of regulatory filing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering / Chemistry / relevant Science discipline with relevant experience in pharmaceutical process design is desirable.
- Previous experience in high-level technical/complex selling or business development preferred.
- APC offers competitive salaries aligned to individual experience and background
How to apply
If you believe you have the experience, skills and drive to succeed in this exciting role, please submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business 16th September 2019. APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regards to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by Irish Law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.