- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Director, Product Development (Full Time)
Director, Product Development
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing pharmaceutical process research company, with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. In the space of 5 years, our science and technology driven solutions have pioneered innovation in the sector, and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, our highly capable and qualified team delivers specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team.
Supporting our continued growth, this new and exciting role will ensure product development velocity to support APC’s mission to accelerate the development of quality life-saving medicines.
The successful candidate will share our passion for accelerating the delivery of medicines to patients worldwide, working in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
Product Development Roadmaps
- In line with APC’s strategy, and associated Strategic Choices in FOCUS Areas (Crystallization, Upstream Biologics, Late Stage Characterization, Pilot), Digital (iACHIEVETM)) and Build/Buy, lead the development and deployment of a Product Development roadmap per strategic choice.
- Features to Product Development Roadmaps: Open Network Hackathon approach to product development, MVP design events, Squad Design, Capital costs, Resource allocation models across Operations, Sales and Marketing, Human Resource allocation etc.
- Key Measures to Product Development Roadmaps: Create a governance structure and key measures to enable the development and deployment of APC’s strategy within its Digital, FOCUS area and Build/Buy framework. Ranging from MVPs, # Customer Events, Capital Plans, SME Development Plans etc clearly demonstrate a commercialisation plan per strategic choice. These fora and key measures should enable the broad, management team and broader company to assess the progress, opportunities and challenges that each focal area is experiencing on a quarterly basis.
Customer Journey Design Events
- In line with APC’s strategy develop a plan for Customer Design Journey Events across both alpha and beta versions of each FOCUS area MVP.
- Devise a culture of open feedback, both internally and externally, to maximise the output from these design events.
- Utilise the design events to influence the product development roadmaps and associated funding requirements and prioritisation.
- Act as a ‘messenger of the market’ to APC’s internal organisation. Build awareness of new trends in service, product and digital segments.
Available Market Assessments
- In line with the Product Development Roadmaps develop a market assessment, per strategic choice, to enable a more formalised Total Available Market Assessment and Competitive Analysis to be defined.
- Utilise this market assessment to a devise the capital requirements, physical and personnel based, to deliver on an aggressive market share within each FOCUS area.
- Lead and govern the Product Development Roadmaps, Customer Events and associated strategic key measures.
- Through a matrix organisation devise a culture focused on MVPs and autonomy.
- Influence, through both social, hierarchy and business system, key decisions makers across finance, operations, innovation and business development.
- Acting as an APC Company/Brand representative –
- Championing APC brand to market
- Championing company ethos and mission
- Communication and collaboration
- An excellent networker and collaborator, with the ability to exert influence positively, you will work with colleagues within APC, on the development of our technology roadmap, and externally with key customer accounts and industry/academic consortia
- You will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Approximately 30% of your time is likely to involve travel (primarily EU and US) to APC’s key accounts to host Customer Design Events
What you will bring to this role:-
- Minimum of 8+ years in scientific or laboratory service line development, including IP, software and hardware commercialisation.
- Experience in hackathon procedures for MVP product development.
- Proven track record in leading a matrix organisation of dotted line reports with competing organisational objectives and focus.
- Experience in demonstrating alignment of Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Innovation in delivering on Product Development goals.
- Strong financial planning, cost to revenue, for product/service line development.
- BE/BSc/MSc/PhD technical background and/or MBA business background preferable.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven capability in MVP (Minimal Viable Product) development development across a multitude of synthetic and biologics research and manufacturing sectors.
- Clear and evidential growth of companies’ revenue through new product development.
- Open network influencer to enable delivery of APC’s strategy through matrix interactions across APC.
- Influence the team through energy, passion, respect and teamwork.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and with proven track record in exploration.
How to apply
If you believe you have the background and skillset to excel in this exciting role, please submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business 16th September 2019.
APC offers a very competitive package, aligned with individual experience
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regards to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by Irish Law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.