- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Analytical Functional Lead (Full Time)
Analytical Functional Lead
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing science- and technology-driven pharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 5 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team. If you are interested in a career focused on technical innovation, technology design and impact, we would love to hear from you.
The Analytical Functional Lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead people in line with the values of APC and develop people within the function so that they can deliver excellent science to all projects
- Identify the resource needs for the function and assist recruiting of those personnel
- On-board new personnel and integrate them speedily to be effective in APC via buddy system, training plan etc
- For each team member, set objectives, manage performance and give feedback, have 1:1s, create a development plan over time that includes CPD. Complete the PM review, calibration, salary letter and promotions processes for all team members
- Hold staff meetings to promote 2-way communication including APC and function direction, priorities etc
- Ensure implementation of HR policies and guidelines as regards the team including recognition
Deliver the functions capability to successfully complete of projects to targets
- Ensure functional delivery to Projects/APC business through proactive people resourcing to projects and (in partnership with Senior Technical Leads) ongoing monitoring of functional performance within projects (including escalation/resolution/prioritisation of issues)
- Proactively responsible for functions technical delivery across all projects
- In partnership with Senior Technical Leads and CTO, develop and implement improvements to functional capability and excellence
- Ensure functional equipment scheduling to projects incl prioritisation
- Owns business case for Capex, and develop same in partnership with Senior Technical Leads
- Jointly responsible with other leads, for cross-functional communication and partnership to deliver projects
- In partnership with the Analytical Technical Lead, performs functional review of project scopes to ensure alignment with Department capability and capacity.
Set the culture/tone, ensure standards are maintained, support business processes
- Set and maintain the Safety and Quality culture of the function
- Act as footprint owner for the Analytical area and ensure tasks done
- Support commercial (Visits/calls, prospecting)
- Implement improvements based on feedback and changing company requirements
- Keep current with developments in analytical methodologies and make recommendations for implementation of new methods/equipment.
- Influence through interaction with management, business processes so as to be practical for the functional teams
You will have:
- PhD in Analytical Science or related discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience in Analytical Sciences management (if PhD qualified), preferably in a pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Evidenced track record in Analytical input to pharmaceutical process design projects.
- Demonstrated broad technical understanding of analytical methodologies for drug substance and drug product, either for small molecules or biologics.
- Experience in mentoring and developing team member’s skills and overseeing training programmes.
- Experience in the Analytical requirements of areas such as process chemistry, chemical engineering, crystallization, analytics, PAT, process modelling, DoE, QbD, continuous processing and designing scale-up strategies for pharmaceutical processes.
- Experience in the analysis of protein biologics (mAbs), vaccines, cell therapies; including chromatography, electrophoresis, spectroscopy, cell-based bioassays, molecular techniques and mass spectrometry.
- Experience of regulatory requirements related to analytical method qualification, phase-appropriate method validation and analytical method transfer.
- Proven track record in internal and external technical communication, preferably with contract manufacturing organisations or contract analytical organisations.
- Excellent collaborative leadership and people management style
- Passion for the function and commitment to the success of APC
- Good communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent oral and written communication, organisational and planning skills
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and to meet set deadlines.
- Good understanding of critical business functions and the value add that Analytical skills can bring to APC.
How to apply:-
Suitable candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business, 16th September 2019
The salary is negotiable and dependent on the experience of the successful candidate.
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regards to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by Irish Law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.