- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Bioprocess Support Scientist (Full Time)
Bioprocess Support Scientist
APC Ltd is an award-winning science- and technology-driven biopharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 5 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world, and we continue to grow.
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised bioprocess engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team. If you are interested in a career focused on technical innovation, technology design and impact, we would love to hear from you.
About the team
Department: Technical Operations
Reports to: Biologics Functional Lead
Our Biologics team comprises of 16 highly qualified, capable and welcoming colleagues. We support our clients by delivering world class bioprocess development to accelerate the delivery of quality, life-changing medicines to the patient across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
Our team vision is to enhance the bioprocess development experience for our clients in a dynamic and cross-collaborative environment.
Principal Duties and Objectives
- Operate to GLP standards within a R&D laboratory
- Provide R&D laboratory and process support across the APC Bioprocess Development Group through collaboration with other scientists and engineers
- Supporting a research team to plan, organise and deliver R&D biopharmaceutical research projects
- Support unit operation (bioreactor, chromatography and filtration) and media/buffer preparations.
- Support routine lab and equipment maintenance.
- BSc in Biotechnology or related area.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
- Self-motivated and “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to follow an experimental protocol.
How to apply
If you believe you have the capability required and the interest in leading this dynamic pharmaceutical operation, we would love to talk to you.
Suitable candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business, 16th September 2019
The salary is negotiable and dependent on the experience of the successful candidate.
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regards to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by Irish Law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.