- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Functional Lead, Sales Operations (Full Time)
Functional Lead, Sales Operations
APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing pharmaceutical process research company, with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. In the space of 5 years, our science and technology driven solutions have pioneered innovation in the sector, and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, our highly capable and qualified team delivers specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team.
As we continue to experience strong growth, APC is seeking a Functional Lead of Sales Operations to facilitate continuous process improvement throughout the Sales Division and to also create a Best in Class lead generations function.
This successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of commercially focused guidelines and strategies, working collaboratively with the sales team to ensure that these are fully embedded in our day to day activities. . The Functional Lead of Sales Operations will be responsible for identifying bottlenecks in the sales process, providing meaningful solutions within APC’s Sales Velocity Framework, implementing process improvements throughout the sales teams and providing guidance to all stakeholders.
This role will also be involved in developing strategic and operational goals of these sales processes; identifying and executing initiatives and drivers that deliver success; developing and leading a best in class lead generation function.
What’s in it for you?
Lead a function within a world class research organization; work with great people in a fun, entrepreneurial, rewarding environment, delivering cutting edge solutions, where you are not only provided with competitive compensation and benefits, but are also recognized for their outstanding teamwork, integrity, excellence and results.
- Proactively develop and manage high levels of excellence, accuracy, and process consistency within all sales systems and associated reporting measures (i.e Salesforce and Sales Velocity Framework).
- Through exceptional personal relationships and training manage the onboarding and delivery of consistent measures from the various systems across the entire sales team.
- Support APC to achieve revenue and profit objectives.
- Provide accurate metrics and measures that provide insights for improvement of sales performance and velocity for your organisation, Sales Team, Management and Board.
- These reports will be categorised against APC strategy (i.e. FOCUS areas), territories, modalities, new customer trends etc.
- Participate in sales meetings, with emphasis on Sales Velocity Solutions, to ensure that performance metrics are being shared, processes are fully embedded and insights shared.
Sales Velocity Solutions
- Accelerate sales velocity by managing the sales process in a more structured and consistent manner, so that it provides optimal support and guidance to the sales teams. This includes alignment of sales funnel definitions, key measures etc.
- Work closely with members of the sales teams to ensure the implementation of a consistent and scalable sales and opportunity management process, incorporating opportunity qualification, and the right sales actions at the right time.
- Ensure alignment on Sales Velocity Metrics across Sales Team and that Solution orientated outcomes across (Win Rate etc.) are delivered.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of Business Development and Marketing Associates
Business Development Associates
- Forward plan, based on annual business plan, your relationships with the Sales Team and develop sales velocity metrics/meetings, digital prospecting campaigns that your Business Development Associates will support.
- Develop and deploy Marketing Qualified Lead (MQLs) and Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) ratios and measures across your team.
- Deliver an integrated metric systems from MQL, SQL, Active, Upside and Forecast. Drive a Best in Class approach to this reporting.
- Ensure all Digital platforms (ie. Website, Linkedin etc) support the BDAs core role and opportunities landscape.
- Create a focused team of marketing executives to create marketing content that supports the APC Sales Process.
- Through your individual contribution collaborate with the Sales Team to define the ‘sales process recipe’ across Active, Upside and Forecast. Manage and strengthen the sales content library (videos, whitepapers, case studies, whitepapers etc.) to ensure that all Sales contributors have and use appropriate content to move opportunities forward against each funnel segment.
- Align a matrix of APC SMEs against each service line segment and content pack to support sales team on a case by case basis.
- Support, through your individual contribution and team, the management and development of APC’s digital platforms across the website, LinkedIn etc.
- Utilise such platform to integrate to your top of the funnel activity base and for driving brand awareness.
- Ensure all brand content is aligned with APC’s Best in Class approach.
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and annual budgeting processes used by the sales team.
- Be the central lead in planning internal governance, budgeting and sales team related activities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all Sales contributors and Operations team.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled and supported.
Experience and qualifications?
- 5+ years of commercial sales experience specifically …in a high growth environment
- Strong relationship skills at all levels in organisations
- Track record of proactively improving sales and implementing new processes
- Extensive experience in working with high-performing sales individuals and software partners is required.
- Proven ability to understand and apply industry Sales Operations best practices
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate effectively - excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven leadership experience and capabilities.
- Ability to turn customer problems into opportunities
- Customer relationship building skills and experienced consulting skills.
Dublin with approximately 25% travel
To be discussed with the successful candidate
How to Apply ?
If you believe you have the background and skillset to excel in this exciting role, please submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business 18th September 2019
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regards to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by Irish Law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.