- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Project Manager (Full Time)
Advance your career while advancing medicine
APC was created out of a passion for science and research. In 2011, Dr. Mark Barrett and Prof. Brian Glennon of the UCD School of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering in Dublin, Ireland, embarked on a mission to disrupt the pharma and biotech industries with a hyper-focused, accelerated approach to drug process development. APC has grown organically to become a global powerhouse in process development, partnering with companies large and small to bring medicines to market at unprecedented speed. If you want to work with real innovators to deepen your skills across various projects, and you have the skills and expertise we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for successful delivery of allocated client projects ensuring compliance with the clients and APC requirements. The scope includes all pre-project activities, project mobilization and monitoring, budget adherence and extensions. It is a position with a strong client facing aspect, you will be expected to build relationships with the Client and manage Client interactions.
You will be working closely with several team members across multiple functions at APC and, through a close partnership with the Project Technical Lead and the Functional Leads, lead them to successful completion of the projects.
Client relationship and scoping
- In partnership with others in the Commercial group, develop the client relationship and help secure RFPs and projects through Client visits, conference calls and Q&A
- Write proposals and revisions that meet the required scope
- Ensure appropriate Tech Operations input into scoping process
- Create high level timeline
- Ensure appropriate contracts and other documentation are in place. Organise and support client’s quality and safety audits.
Act as Project Manager for assigned projects
- Lead the project mobilization effort and network within APC and the client to ensure timely availability of equipment, materials, and drive resolution of special considerations such as access to 3rd party capability, Safety items, Quality level, external licencing. Co-ordinate timely project start and team allocation.
- Lead the Internal project kick-off and facilitate smooth handover from Commercial function to the project team
- Define deliverables and, with the Project Technical Lead input, create the project plan. create Gantt chart including the schedule of documentation deliverables
- Proactively manage adherence to the plan, resolve issues and escalate where necessary. Maintain a close connection with the Project Technical Lead and support them in the resolution of issues that arise. Manage external subcontractor work where that forms part of the project.
- Manage Project budget control to ensure project adherence to budget/FTE/timeline. Manage invoicing, extension vs overrun and write, justify, and drive approval of Change Order Requests
- Define the Client management plan and manage the client relationship throughout the project. Facilitate technical updates and deliver overall Project updates, Weekly emails, Minutes. Organise client visits where required
- At project completions, manage the report approval process and project close out process both internally and with the client.
Develop and improve the Project Management function
- Actively improve the templates and project management processes that are used by the project management function in order to deliver increased value to APC
- Work collaboratively with the Functional Leads, Technical Leads and others to ensure the processes are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the cross-functional APC environment.
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables and work in an environment with changing priorities.
- Successful track record in project management of pharmaceutical process design projects.
- Proven track record in internal and external technical communication.
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related area.
- Minimum 3 years in management of technical projects.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Fluent English.
If you believe you have the capability required and the interest in being part of this dynamic rapidly growing organisation, we would like to talk to you.
The closing date for applications is 18th June 2021
The salary is negotiable and dependent on the experience of the successful candidate.
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regards to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.