- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Supply Chain & Materials Management Specialist - VLE Therapeutics (Full Time)
Supply Chain & Materials Management Specialist - VLE Therapeutics
About VLE Therapeutics
Powered by transformation research in APC, VLE Therapeutics Ltd was formed to extend the value chain and deliver science and digital led manufacturing of Vaccines and Advanced Therapeutics. VLE Therapeutics will support the GMP manufacturing of clinical and commercial vaccines, next generation biologics & advanced therapeutics and aims to transform the time and cost associated to produce medicines for our clients. This will be the first Irish-owned facility expressly designed to provide Ireland and Europe with a local supply chain for these critical medicines.
To create the best client experience, we will create & implement a seamless handover process from APC process development into GMP manufacturing, leveraging our novel platforms to deliver a Molecule-2-Market accelerator.
Stage 1 - At our current APC facility, we are constructing a new state of the art biomanufacturing facility. Operations will employ cutting edge technology including single use equipment & disposables and deploy digital solutions to support the best client experience.
Stage 2 - In parallel, we are planning the development of a bespoke 80,000ft2.
greenfield GMP manufacturing facility, which will provide a world-class platform for the manufacture of a wide range of vaccines next generation biologics & advanced therapeutics for our clients globally.
Key to enabling our strategy is to create the best culture, the right values & behaviours and as a result, the establishment of a high performing team committed to creating a culture of excellence in everything we do.
A key member in supporting the execution of cGMP operational activities in VLE Therapeutic’s manufacturing facility. Responsible for monitoring and reporting on supply chain metrics whilst implementing a proactive strategy to improve them, ensuring an optimum balance between cost and customer service to our members. Will lead a high performing team, managing the flow of materials through production in order to provide high quality products and on-time delivery to our customers, while supporting the continuing development of the supply chain. This person will also have responsibility for identifying and managing continuous improvement projects along with ‘hands on’ daily activities in support of the changing needs of the business.
- Demonstrate high performance behaviours, ability to work collaboratively within a cross functional team, ability to show independent initiative, to have a focus on continuous improvement and have a strong belief in supporting the right culture in the business. #
- Co-ordinate and maintain the sales order entry processing function – orders, acknowledgements, invoicing, credits etc.
- Provide support to commercial Team with timely responses to enquiries
- Be familiar with Products and Processes to facilitate swift responses to customer enquiries.
- Participate in regular business reviews, conference calls and face to face, based on defined customer portfolios
- Preferably have experience developing and managing 3PL and outsource warehousing with JIT systems.
- Must have extensive experience with manufacturing IT systems and be highly computer literate particularly with ERP and excel.
- Must be able to lead, motivate, direct, coach & develop employees effectively to meet organizational goals.
- Must have the ability to effectively gather, analyse and report key data including delivery of presentations to customers and management. Experience implementing supply chain KPIs an advantage.
- Must be detail orientated with the ability to prioritize and organize tasks to deliver on business objectives.
- Must be able to work in a team matrix environment, identifying and delivering on opportunities for improvement.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative with strong problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Must be able to liaise effectively with all levels of the organization and with customers. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral essential.
- Liaising with Distribution to ensure accuracy regarding schedule adherence
- Liaising with Manufacturing to ensure accuracy regarding schedule adherence
- Liaising with commercial, manufacturing finance and Financial Shared services and to ensure accuracy regarding material and customer master set ups
- Maintaining accuracy on customer forecast information to support all planning activities
- Maintain accurate and organized customer files for all orders, business reviews etc.
- Timely preparation of weekly/monthly metrics as set out by site management
- Ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Quality and EHS policies and procedures are always adhered to
- Any other duties as required from time to time by your Manager
Experience & Competencies
- Operations professional with cGMP Pharma experience (1-3 years' experience).
- The role may involve some non-scheduled call-in time to respond to plant emergencies etc. and some scheduled call-in time to attend process operations.
- Must be able to read, write and converse in English.
- Must have good working knowledge of ERP systems, MS Excel and Word
- Demonstrate adequately and professionally the escalation of issues / develop solutions that may jeopardize manufacturing deliverables on a timely basis.
- Ability to maintain a constant communication with other team members.
- Exhibits Professional approach to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in an intense, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to function, with guidance, in a rapidly changing environment while balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Degree in business or technical field
- Qualification in Supply Chain management preferable.
VLE is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at VLE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.