- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Environmental, Health & Safety Officer (Full Time)
Environmental, Health & Safety Officer
About VLE Therapeutics
Powered by transformation research in APC, VLE Therapeutics Ltd was formed to extend the value chain and deliver science and digital led manufacturing of Vaccines and Advanced Therapeutics. VLE Therapeutics will support the GMP manufacturing of clinical and commercial vaccines, next generation biologics & advanced therapeutics and aims to transform the time and cost associated to produce medicines for our clients.This will be the first Irish-owned facility expressly designed to provide Ireland and Europewith a local supply chain for these critical medicines.
To create the best client experience, we will create & implement a seamless handover process from APC process development into GMP manufacturing, leveraging our novel platforms to deliver a Molecule-2-Market accelerator.
Stage 1 - At our current APC facility, we are constructing a new state of the art biomanufacturing facility. Operations will employ cutting edge technology including single use equipment & disposables and deploy digital solutions to support the best client experience.
Stage 2 - In parallel, we are planning the development of a bespoke 80,000ft2.
greenfield GMP manufacturing facility, which will provide a world-class platform for the manufacture of a wide range of vaccines next generation biologics & advanced therapeutics for our clients globally.
Key to enabling our strategy is to create the best culture, the right values & behaviours and as a result, the establishment of a high performing team committed to creating a culture of excellence in everything we do.
Supporting the organisation in maintaining a safe workplace according to legal and regulatory standards, fostering and further developing our culture of pride in safety and personal ownership. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and assessment of hazardous and unsafe situations, managing the waste regulatory aspects of production and the development of measures to ensure VLE’s focus is on accident prevention.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Operations
Policy & Risk Management
- Support Director of Operations to ensure the organisation meets its statutory obligations in all EHS areas and the fostering of a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Support the development, implementation and adherence to EHS policies, procedures and programmes across the organisation.
- Responsible for the completion and regular review of risk assessments and implementation of findings where appropriate
- Ensure that all incidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented. Responsible for the EHS logs and CAPA tracking. Support and co-ordinate adverse event reporting.
- Producing and ensuring the accuracy of the licence waste profiles for processes
- Waste management planning - liquid/solid & safety requirements/compliance
- Support licence applications as required.
- Review of relevant User Requirement Specification (URS)
- Advise on Suite organisation - layout/flow wrt EHS needs.
Audit Readiness & Continuous Improvement
- Provide subject matter expertise to the organisation on various EHS related topics.
- Co-ordinate and support internal and external EHS audits as appropriate.
- Use metrics to measure compliance and assess EHS data across the organisation.
- Support EHS inspections, risk assessment and lone working procedures
- Ensure accurate safety training records are maintained.
Collaboration & Engagement
- Share information, suggestions and observations to create consistency in EHS standards and thereby align VLE safety culture with AC systems where applicable
- Support and Attend Safety Committee;
- Improve awareness of EHS across the organisation, ensuring employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Manage the relationship with external vendors.
- Participate in relevant forums as required.
- Prepare and deliver training materials to colleagues.
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time
- Degree level or equivalent in life sciences; and/or
- Degree level or equivalent in Occupational Safety & Health (science focus).
- Experience in Occupational Health and Environmental Health and Safety.
- A minimium of two year’s experience working in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical (GMP) industry or R&D and/or laboratory environment, would be a distinct advantage.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a diverse team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Working knowledge of factors impacting on health and well-being and of EHS regulatory compliance including auditing.
- Competence in using laboratory and/or production equipment would be an advantage.
If you believe you have the capability required and the interest in being part of this dynamic, growing organisation, would like to talk to you.
VLE is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at VLE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.