- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Senior Process Development Scientist (Full Time)
Senior Process Development Scientist
Advance your career while advancing medicine
APC was created out of a passion for science and research. In 2011, Dr. Mark Barrett and Prof. Brian Glennon of the UCD School of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering in Dublin, Ireland, embarked on a mission to disrupt the pharma and biotech industries with a hyper-focused, accelerated approach to drug process development. APC has grown organically to become a global powerhouse in process development, partnering with companies large and small to bring medicines to market at unprecedented speed. If you want to work with real innovators to deepen your skills across various projects, and you have the skills and expertise we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
About the team
Department: Technical Operations
Reports to: Functional Lead for Chemistry
Our Chemistry Team comprises of 20 highly qualified, capable and welcoming colleagues. We collaborate cross-functionally with Engineers and Analysts to deliver innovative solutions to our client companies. Our team vision is to deliver excellence through effective collaboration.
Our team vision is to enhance the process development experience for our clients in a dynamic and cross-collaborative environment, with application of best in class scientific techniques, workflows, and technologies.
If you are looking to further your career in a cutting-edge dynamic, creative, and patient focussed environment then APC is for you.
Principal Duties and Objectives
- Responsible for steering the research activity in the laboratory and managing the experimental workplan to uphold APC’s technical/engineering workflows, maintaining ‘excellence in execution’ and meeting project objectives. This will comprise of a mixture of personal/hands-on laboratory activity and guidance/direction of the supporting research activities taken on by scientists, engineers and analysts attached to the project(s).
- Lead the tech transfer, development and/or optimization of processes across a broad range of development areas in small molecule (chemical reaction, work-up, crystallization, filtration, drying).
- Own the analysis of experimental data and technical findings from research projects. In collaboration with the project team, formulate hypotheses, conclusions, and research strategies for succeeding against the project objectives.
- Author, review and approve technical presentations, updates, reports, and client facing materials and information.
- Demonstrate the application of specialist knowledge/experience (i.e. inert systems, use of pressurised reactors, and specialised area of chemistry) in process development, robustness, and scale-up studies.
- Demonstrate the use of problem-solving skills requiring the application of chemistry principles, DoE and chemometric modelling in approaching technical challenges.
- Adopt and maintain APC’s workflows and their incorporation into the day-to-day execution of commercial research projects, supporting the completion of project objectives to an exemplary high standard.
- Organize, evaluate, and present data in an effective and scientific manner.
- Technically represent the organisation to clients and at conference events.
- Operate to GLP standards (adherence to APCs Safety and Quality Systems) within a R&D laboratory.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ industry experience in process development support (if PhD qualified in Organic/Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or Life Sciences or related area); or Minimum of 7+ years’ industry experience (if MSc qualified). Minimum of 10+ years’ industry experience (if bachelor’s qualified).
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
- Highly experienced in pharmaceutical process development and process design, applying core chemistry principles.
- Skilled in the application of PAT to the development of pharmaceutical processes in the laboratory.
- Experience in technical coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in developing OFAT and DOE experimental plans.
- Experience in the scale-up/down and tech transfer (e.g. Leveraging model tools such as Dynochem etc)
- Self-motivated with “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent technical writing and technical presentation skills.
- Ability to disseminate information to research team and directors.
- Proven ability to direct research and meet objectives.
- Experience in leading a team and supervising a PD/MSAT laboratory.
How to apply
Suitable candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business Monday 18th October 2021
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.