- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Quality Officer (Full Time)
APC was created out of a passion for science and research. In 2011, Dr. Mark Barrett and Prof. Brian Glennon of the UCD School of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering in Dublin, Ireland, embarked on a mission to disrupt the pharma and biotech industries with a hyper-focused, accelerated approach to drug process development. APC has grown organically to become a global powerhouse in process development, partnering with companies large and small to bring medicines to market at unprecedented speed. If you want to work with real innovators to deepen your skills across various projects, and you have the skills and expertise we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
APC is currently looking to appoint a Quality Officer to be part of this rapidly growing organisation.
Responsible for ensuring that the technical processes meet the best in class Quality standards through provision of Quality support to APC Technical Operations ensuring a high standard of awareness, understanding and compliance of Quality SOPs and processes.
Quality Management System
- Develop, enhance and maintain the Quality Assurance programme to meet best in class standards.
- Enhance the regulatory understanding and capability of the team
- Ensure the organisation meets its statutory obligations in all Quality areas and supports the fostering of a workplace which focuses on ‘right first time’.
- Ensure all SOPs, forms, logs, protocols and summary reports are completed and reviewed against Quality standards. Issue laboratory notebooks and equipment logbooks as required.
- Support the development and implementation of QMS programme across the organisation.
- Identify and implement training to ensure efficient and effective completion of all Quality related training.
- Ensure that all quality SOPs and programmes are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Prepare Quality compliance metrics as required.
- Ensure that all CAPAs and deviations are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
Audit Readiness & Continuous Improvement
- Provide subject matter expertise to Technical Operations on various Quality related topics.
- Support any external Quality audits with co-ordination of audit activities and action plans.
- Conduct internal Quality audits e.g. walk through audits, system audits, report issuance, CAPA follow-up and closure. Ensure that follow-up actions are completed.
- Ensure compliance of Quality and use analytics to measure compliance across the organisation.
- Establish a structured programme of Quality training across the organisation and ensure accurate training records are maintained.
- Facilitates ‘as is’ mapping and root cause analysis. Use continuous improvement tools to instigate actions for improvements.
- Adhere to business processes as required.
Collaboration & Engagement
- Provide Quality oversight for assigned projects within Technical operations. Actively participate in projects by attending meetings (internal and external) and project updates, perform quality review of laboratory notebooks, technical data and the final technical reports
- Contribute to and participate in the After-Action Review (AAR) meetings.
- Prepare and deliver quality training materials to colleagues.
- Share information, suggestions and observations to create consistency in Quality standards across the organisation.
- Collaborate with HR and Training on LMS and training activities.
- Participate in relevant forums e.g. QMS/SMS, training, equipment as required to improve awareness of Quality.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Flexible and be able to adapt within a changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Excellent oral and written communication and planning skills.
- Required: Degree level or equivalent in life sciences.
- Desirable: Inclusion of Quality related subject in qualification.
- 3-4 years’ experience working in the pharma/biopharma industry or R&D environment.
- Good working knowledge of implementing and using continuous improvement tools.
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programmes.
- Experience of development, implementation and management of Quality Management systems.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a diverse team.
- Regulatory experience in a GMP environment would be advantageous
If you believe you have the capability required and the interest in being part of this dynamic rapidly growing organisation, we would like to talk to you.
The closing date for applications is 10th December 2021
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.