- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Bioprocess Downstream Development Scientist 2 (Full Time)
Bioprocess Downstream Development Scientist 2
APC Ltd is an award-winning science- and technology-driven biopharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 5 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world, and we continue to grow.
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised bioprocess engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team. If you are interested in a career focused on technical innovation, technology design and impact, we would love to hear from you.
About the team
Department: Technical Operations
Reports to: Biologics Functional Lead
Our biologics team comprises of highly qualified, dynamic and welcoming colleagues. We support our clients by delivering world class bioprocess development to accelerate the delivery of quality, life-changing medicines to the patient across a wide range of therapeutic areas from oncolytic vaccines to rare genetic diseases.
Our team vision is to enhance the bioprocess development experience for our clients in a dynamic and cross-collaborative environment (APC Engineering, APC Biologics, APC Analytical, APC Quality & VLE GMP Manufacturing)
If you are looking to start your career in a dynamic, creative and patient focussed environment then APC is for you.
Principal Duties and Objectives
- Operate to GLP standards within a R&D laboratory
- Provide R&D laboratory support across the APC Bioprocess Development Group through collaboration with other scientists, analysts and engineers, both internally and externally
- Working within a research team to plan, organise and deliver R&D biopharmaceutical research projects
- Support the tech transfer, development and/or optimization of downstream processes and/or downstream unit operations (Tangential Flow/Depth Filtration/ Chromatography) for advanced therapeutics (novel vaccines/cell & gene therapies) and mAb -based therapeutics
- Facilitate the development of biopharmaceutical scale-up strategies
- Support the development and introduction of new techniques, methods and processes to improve business effectiveness, as required
- Prepare/Support the preparation of technical presentations, PD reports and deviation reports
- Facilitate the discussion of issues, results and project progress with client companies and management
- Support routine lab and equipment maintenance.
- Minimum of 1-2+ years industry experience in biopharmaceutical downstream process research and development (if PhD qualified); minimum of 3-4 years industry experience (if masters qualified); minimum of 4+ years industry experience (if Bachelors qualified); minimum of 5+ years of experience in a biological lab within academic institutions (if experienced in relevant downstream techniques such as chromatography).
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to follow an experimental protocol.
- Understanding of Chromatography and/or Tangential Flow/Depth Filtration principles
- Self-motivated with “can-do” attitude
- Good technical writing skills and previous technical presentation experience.
- Ability to disseminate information to research team and directors.
- Hands-on experience with AKTA chromatography systems is a plus
How to apply
Suitable candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business Monday 31st January 2022
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.