- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Project Manager (Full Time)
Advance your career while advancing medicine
APC was created out of a passion for science and research. In 2011, Dr. Mark Barrett and Prof. Brian Glennon of the UCD School of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering in Dublin, Ireland, embarked on a mission to disrupt the pharma and biotech industries with a hyper-focused, accelerated approach to drug process development. APC has grown organically to become a global powerhouse in process development, partnering with companies large and small to bring medicines to market at unprecedented speed. If you want to work with real innovators to deepen your skills across various projects, and you have the skills and expertise we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for successful delivery of allocated client projects ensuring compliance with the clients and APC requirements. The scope includes all pre-project activities, project mobilization and monitoring, budget adherence and extensions. It is a position with a strong client facing aspect, you will be expected to build relationships with the Client and manage Client interactions.
You will be working closely with several team members across multiple functions at APC and, through a close partnership with the Project Technical Lead and the Functional Leads, lead them to successful completion of the projects.
Deliver Project Management Excellence for assigned projects
- Utilising established APC project management frameworks, lead and manage projects of duration of approx. 1-4 months with approx. 1-3 team members around one business unit. May lead moderately complex projects with regular support from senior colleague(s)
- Ensure all project governance documentation and processes are in place.
- Lead the project mobilization effort and network within APC and the client to ensure timely availability of Equipment, Materials, and escalate if special considerations such as access to 3rd party capability, Safety items, Quality level, external licencing is required. Co-ordinate timely project start and team allocation
- Facilitate the Internal kick-off and facilitate smooth handover from Market Manager/Business Development to the project team
- Confirm project deliverables and with the Project Technical Lead input, create the project plan. Create Gantt chart (detailed) including the schedule of documentation deliverables, internal Process Review Workshop, external Process Options Workshop (with Market Manager).
- Implement and use the iACHIEVE platform for all projects
- Support the coordination of and participate in the Expand Framework workshops, both internal and external, in collaboration with the Market Managers and BDD’s.
- Proactively manage adherence to the plan, resolve issues and escalate where necessary. Maintain a close connection with the Project Technical Lead and support them in the resolution of issues that arise.
- Manage external subcontractor work where that forms part of the project (eg. UCD, Eurofins, etc)
- Manage Project budget control to ensure project adherence to Budget/FTE/timeline. Manage invoicing. Write Change Order Requests and justify and drive approval of those with Biz Dev/Senior PM.
- At project completions, manage the report approval process and project close out process with the client. Organise and complete the AAR
Client relationship and Customer Success
- Manage the client relationship throughout the project. Facilitate technical updates and deliver overall Project updates, Weekly emails, Minutes. Organise client visits where required
- In partnership with others in the Business Development group, develop the client relationship and help expand accounts through 1-1 client conversations, technical update calls and workshops
- Leverage questioning skills to continuously qualify and understand the client need during the life cycle of a project and how APC could add more value to the collaboration
- Support the proposal process with Market Managers and BD group as needed.
- Organizing and support of quality and safety audits by client
In the Project Management function
- Use the Project Management Tools as MindView, iACHIEVE, gantt charts, etc
- Run projects as per set-in workflows and procedures
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables and work in an environment with changing priorities.
- Successful track record in project management of pharmaceutical process design projects.
- Proven track record in internal and external technical communication.
- PhD in Chemistry or Bioscience or Chemical Engineering or related area
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry or Bioscience or
- BE/ME Chemical Engineering or related area.
- PMP or PRINCE2 Certification desirableAbility to travel nationally and internationally.
- Fluent English.
If you believe you have the capability required and the interest in being part of this dynamic rapidly growing organisation, we would like to talk to you.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2022
The salary is negotiable and dependent on the experience of the successful candidate.
APC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees. All employment decisions at APC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regards to gender, ethnicity, age, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by Irish law.
Similar vacancies arising in the coming 6 months may be filled from this group of applicants.