- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
L&D Manager - Part Time (Contract)
L&D Manager, Dublin & Manchester
* Part Time position *
What are we looking for?
BBF is a busy animation studio that has gone through rapid growth and expansion in the last 3 years. This role is responsible for creating and implementing the L&D strategy across our sites in Dublin (approx. 260 staff) and Manchester (approx. 70 staff).
In the last 12 months we have invested heavily in management training as well as ongoing skills training. We recently implemented our first Learning Management System (Moodle) and now need someone to continue the momentum of training, learning and development across the organisation.
Whilst we are looking for someone with experience who can design and deliver internal training, this role also needs someone who is willing to do the day to day co-ordination and scheduling of all training activities. You need to be able to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into the nitty gritty as well as the more strategic long-term activities.
You will work as part of a small and perfectly formed HR team! It’s vital that you are a collaborative team player who is open to feedback and enjoys being part of a close-knit team. The creative environment of BBF can bring it’s own challenges, and it’s important that this person is able to engage and influence with credibility.
You will own and manage the L&D budget for both sites. Whilst you will be based in Dublin there will be a requirement to travel to Manchester at least every 6 weeks. Locally in Manchester we are hiring a part-time L&D Advisor who you will work closely with to ensure the studio’s learning needs are met.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Continue to foster a culture of learning across the studios where colleagues are accountable and have the tools & skills to develop themselves
- Implement a learning framework, designing programmes/curriculums across the studios
- Manage the LMS (Moodle) and roll out it’s use across the organisation
- Work with the business to identify and execute learning needs including the development, design and evaluation of training
- Build & maintain productive relationships with relevant organisations such as Animation Skillnet and IDA in Ireland, local universities and the Business Growth Hub in Manchester
- Own the induction and on-boarding program and continue to develop this in conjunction with the wider HR team
- Create a skills matrix for relevant roles as well as an overall competency framework for the organisation
Knowledge and experience:
- 4+ years in a focussed L&D role essential
- Experience of implementing a Learning Management System essential
- Experience of working in a creative/media organisation an advantage
- Good Excel/Google Suite experience including Gmail is an advantage
- Connects well with internal and external stakeholders, builds relationships well
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’