- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Texture Artist (Contract)
JOB TITLE: Texture Artist
REPORTING TO: Assistant Production Manager
SUPERVISED BY: Lead Texture Artist
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The position of Texture Artist requires someone with several years of experience in a similar role working on broadcast or film projects.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production and have an excellent technical understanding of Maya’s modelling tools.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Work with Project's Lead Texture Artist/TD on production assets.
- Create Photo real and stylised texture maps
- Create Efficient/optimal UV layout for texture painting.
- Liaise with lead Artist for the departments technical requirements.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as a Texture Artist in either broadcast or feature film work.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max and or rendering software
- A full working knowledge of Photoshop, or similar paint package, is vital. Knowledge of Body Paint, Deep Paint or other 3D paint packages is preferable.
- Strong experience in both photoreal and painterly styles.
- Strong visual skills - a good eye for detail, scale, composition, colour and form.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction.
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus but not essential.
Contract type: Fixed Contract
Please include your reel with your application
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’