- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Previz & Layout Artist (Contract)
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The position of Previz and Layout Artist requires someone with several years experience in a similar role on broadcast or film projects. The position requires a solid generalist understanding of Maya’s Camera, Modelling & Animation tools.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Establish geography, functionality and Layout of location assets by building proxy geometries and feeding these assets to Modelling.
- Previz key animation sequences with an emphasis on camera, staging, timing and functionality of a sequence.
- Work closely with the Directors on sequence layout and location blocking.
- Set up cameras for shots and layout action for Animation.
- Complete episodic camera notes when required.
- 4+ years’ previous experience in the CG Industry in a relevant role.
- Must have an understanding of visual storytelling for layout and composition.
- Must have strong working knowledge of animation principles, camera set-up and proxy modelling in Maya.
- Must have a good sense of pacing and timing in Animation
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail and quality.
- Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure.
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
- excellent communication skills
- attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production environment
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’