- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
CG Supervisor (Contract)
JOB TITLE: CG Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Director of CG
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The position of CG Supervisor is a senior position and requires someone with an extensive knowledge of the 3D animation workflow and pipeline and has experience in leading a CG team. Successful applicants will have a solid understanding of the production process, strong motivational qualities, be a proven team leader and have excellent communication and organisational skills. They will be highly organised and technically and creatively astute.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Supervise the production from a CG perspective.
- Work alongside the Art Director to achieve the required ‘Look’ for the project and ensure the pipeline can facilitate the look efficiently.
- Identify and outline bottlenecks and deficiencies on the project, technical or otherwise, to the Head of CG and Producer. Propose and Implement solutions.
- Work with the team Leads to ensure the project’s animation and lighting pipeline is functioning effectively.
- Clearly and concisely communicate the project’s CG procedures and workflows to the other team members.
- Provide leadership and support for the project’s CG crew, both creatively and technically, and ensure they partner effectively with Production Management and ensure they deliver on their goals.
- Collaborate with the Pipeline Team and other CG Supervisors to make requests and develop Studio’s global CG workflow and pipeline.
- Promote and Facilitate effective communication relating to CG workflow, between Art directors, Production management and the CG crew.
- Bidding of assets and shots when required.
- Have previously acted as a CG/VFX Supervisor on a film or Long format broadcast project. (Role of Assistant CG Supervisor in BBF will be accepted as equivalent experience)
- Expert in Maya and how it applies to animation workflows and pipeline.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Highly Organised
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Task Driven,
- Open to direction
closing date: 30/07/2018
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’