- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Series Director (Contract)
Working in a busy, creative environment, the Director provides the vision and creative leadership for the animation production.
This role is open to casting across variety of productions so some key details will be confirmed when production is confirmed.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Scripts & outline
- Implementing all the agreed changes from final scripts
- Attend voice recordings as deemed necessary by Production.
- Approving new cameras and camera moves before shipping.
- Working with the animation director for storyboard handout.
- Working with the editor in cutting together the final animatic once storyboards come back.
- Implementing all the agreed changes from network notes and locking animatic for shipment overseas.
- Writing Directors notes to add to the animation log before shipment for each episode.
- Review the blocking pass with the animation director (usually these would be over all notes and the animation director would do more details notes)
- Review the animation pass with the animation director (usually these would be over all notes and the animation director would do more details notes)
- Review the Final animation with the animation director (usually these would be over all notes and the animation director would do more details notes)
- Cut final offline and lock picture ready to send for score.
- Write score notes.
- Lock offline and Implement all agreed network notes from offline.
- Work with sound engineer on the pre sound mix before sending to network.
- Approve Final online edit and lighting with Art director.
- Attend Final mix with network.
- Working with designers and modellers to organise artwork for weekly approval shipments to Network.
- Work with animation designer to sign off key animation movements for characters or for difficult scenes.
- Work with Art Director to sign off key lighting for scenes prior to overseas shipping.
- Any other tasks relevant to providing the Employee’s services as a Director hereunder as reasonably decided by your manager Producer
Person Specification/Requirements :
- Must have animation series ‘Director’ credit
- Excellent understanding of a 3D computer animation Pipeline
- Experience in managing long form animation productions across all departments
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
We will consider Visa sponsorship for this opening.
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’