- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Episodic Director (Contract)
Brown Bag Films are actively seeking a unique Episodic Director to join us on an exciting preschool animation series which is already receiving strong acclaim, in its second series.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
At Brown Bag Films, 'We Love Animation™.’ Equally our Episodic Director will be passionate about the animation world with a proven knowledge of 3D Animation pipeline, ideally having 5+ years of experience working on a CG series or feature production. You will be an excellent communicator, have strong attention to detail, ultimately using your multi-tasking capabilities in a highly creative and client driven environment
- Partnering with the Supervising Director, you will participate in all creative aspects and in all phases of the production to achieve the overall completion of a CG Episodic TV show. You will be a trusted pair of hands with strong creative vision
- You will lead animatics and deliver assigned episodes through HD delivery
- Possessing a strong consultative focus on scripting, you will work to advise script writers/co-ordinators and carry out of all customary revisions;
- Your budgetary and scheduling skill set will be reliable and on target. You will work closely with production teams and clients to enable the preparation of a proper, comprehensive, detailed budget and schedule for the production
- You will collaboratively assist in pre-production with all necessary preparations for the production in accordance with the approved budget and schedule
- A key focus will be to direct the photography and recordings of the production as efficiently and economically as possible and in accordance with the final shooting script, budget and schedule.
- Our In House Post Production facility is second to none. Our Episodic Director will work both during and after completion of the principal photography and recording of the production, to organise and supervise the cutting, editing, post-synchronizing, scoring, dubbing, special and optical effects and titling, and the production of any retakes, added or substituted scenes of the production or cover shots
- Ideally we would like to see 5+ years of industry experience, preferably in CG animation for game cinematics, TV, or film.
- Prior directorial experience essential, ideally in a series
- Proven skills in storyboarding, animation camera composition, storytelling and animation timing required.
- Working knowledge of CG animation, post production techniques & terminology required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Art or related field strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills coupled with trusted communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal). Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of production crew, artistic staff and management.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict TV deadlines.
Traditional portfolio and reel demonstrating drawing skills and work experience required.
Contract type: Fixed Contract
closing date: 25/06/2018
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’