- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
CG Generalist (Contract)
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The position of the CG Generalist is a diverse role and requires someone with a general knowledge of 3D software and its application to the various stages of the Animation Pipeline such as Modelling, Texturing, look Development etc. Successful applicants will have a solid grounding in Maya and should be comfortable with the technical aspects of CG Animation as well as the artistic aspect.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Responsible for a range of 3D tasks which may include Texturing, Shading and Modelling etc.
- Create Set and Prop Assets which are optimized and economical, meet Art director’s requirements and adhere to project’s pipeline.
- Works under the 3D Supervisor to trouble shoot various areas of the project’s pipeline when required.
- Complete various tasks on assets as assigned by production management.
- Create technical ‘Asset Launch notes’ for external assets via Shotgun if required.
- Thorough knowledge of the CG Animation process
- Comfortable with the more technical aspects of CG Asset build.
- Extensive experience in Maya.
- Must have a well-developed artistic “eye”.
- Task Driven,
- Must be open to direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
Please provide Show Reel
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’