- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The position of rigger requires someone with a good general knowledge of Maya and excellent specific knowledge of its constraint, deformer and dynamics systems. Successful applicants will be open to direction, have good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production. A Rigger will be guided by his/her Lead Rigger and/or the Rigging Supervisor on rigging practices.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, create, test and maintain character set ups.
- Provide technical feedback to modelling dept.
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls.
- Create secondary dynamics systems.
- Work with production management to prioritize tasks
- Troubleshooting problems with animated rig
- Communicate with overseas studio
- Perform QC on overseas and in-house assets
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of rigging Maya.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in finishing of assets.
- Knowledge of Python is considered a big plus.
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus.
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’