- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Art Director (Contract)
Manchester, United Kingdom
JOB TITLE Art Director
REPORTING TO: Producer
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Brown Bag Films 2D Animation Studio in Manchester is recruiting for the position of Art Director.
Working in a busy creative environment, the successful candidate will work on a new, high profile, 52x11 minute episode pre-school series for Nickelodeon.
The series is being created in Toon Boom Harmony.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Art direction of the series through pre-production, production and post-production
- Character, location and overall look design, including lighting and color scripts
- Manage the series art department, including briefing and managing concept artists, character designers, background painters
- Give clear direction in the form of notes or Photoshop mark-ups
- Approval of final color correction in post
- Work closely with the Producer and Director to achieve highest quality for broadcast
PERSON SPECIFICATION :
- 5+ years of experience in an Animation production environment.
- 3+ years of experience as an Art Director for a TV Series or Feature Film
- Must be able to communicate in an articulate and positive manner
- Excellent team skills
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’