- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Manchester, United Kingdom
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Working in a busy creative environment, the Producer is responsible for producing a high profile TV series in 2D computer animation. The role involves managing an in house team as well as being responsible for a series schedule and budget.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Creating and managing the schedule and budget for a TV series, ensure the production is produced on time and within budget..
- Deliver (in collaboration with Finance) appropriate reporting to ensure all relevant stakeholders are kept updated on progress.
- Producing weekly dashboard reports
- Creating new bids and assumptions for potential clients and future productions.
- Key point of contact with TV Networks and responding to notes.
- Overall responsibility for resourcing the production working closely with recruitment to interview and hire.
- Responsible for supervising and managing inhouse crew
Person Specification/Requirements :
- Must have animation series ‘Producer’ credit
- Excellent understanding of a 2D computer animation Pipeline
- Experience in managing long form animation productions across all departments
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’