- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Animation Director (Contract)
Manchester, United Kingdom
JOB TITLE: Animation Director
REPORTING TO: Producer and Director
Summary of the role:Brown Bag Films is recruiting for the position of Animation Director for its 2D Animation Studio in Manchester.
Working in a busy creative environment, the successful candidate will work on a new, high profile, pre-school series for a global children’s channel.
The series is being created in Toon Boom Harmony.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Establish and approve key character animation and animation bible for the series with the Director and animation team
- Ensure a high standard of animation is maintained throughout the production
- Write scene by scene animation notes for each episode
- Review animation passes from the internal and external teams and write notes and responses to push animation to the desired standard
- Work closely with the Director to understand overall storytelling and humour of the show
- Work closely with the animation teams to improve each delivery and in turn reduce retakes as production proceeds.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in directing animation for series or long-form animation productions
- Clear communication skills
- Must be very detailed oriented and organised
- Must be passionate about character animation and acting
The series will be animated in ToonBoom Harmony.
We will run training sessions for successful applicants not experienced in ToonBoom.
Please show broadcast and production credits and referees on your application letter / CV.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’