- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Art Director (Contract)
JOB TITLE: Art Director ( Dublin)
REPORTING TO: Producer
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Art Director will be responsible for developing design concepts. They control the overall visual direction of a production including characters and sets. They work closely with the client, Producer and Director to achieve the highest quality for broadcast.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Responsible for character, set and overall look design
- Visual direction across departments (2D through 3D phases)
- Approvals at all stages (including lighting and final colour correction in post production)
- Gives clear direction in the form of notes or Photoshop mark-ups both internally and to overseas studios
- Works closely with Client, Producer and Director to achieve highest quality for broadcast.
Person Specification/Requirements :
- 5+ years of experience in an Animation production environment.
- 3+ years of experience as an Art Director for a TV Series of Feature
- Must be comfortable with outsource management with an emphasis on clear communication and follow through.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Strong organizational and leadership skills. Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of production crew, artistic staff and management.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict TV deadlines.
closing date: 30/07/2018
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’