- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Lead Lighter (Contract)
Brown Bag Films are currently hiring a Lead Lighter for their Dublin Studio.
The Lighting Lead is responsible to follow: the LookDev of all the Assets & Characters; the Lighting of episodes; Collaborates with project CG Sup to create the best technical strategy for completing episodes; debugs technical issues; Collaborates closely with Texture Lead.
The Lead will follow and reinforce, with team (internal and external) all technical guidelines and “rules” defined for the project.
Lead will create the Lighting Breakdowns and set the priorities for the episodes with Production Management. Attends all Technical Breakdown Meetings, so Lighting is represented and collaborates with the FX Lead (when setting episodic priorities).
Ensures that the Master/Parent shots and comp template are: complete, optimized, cleanly organized and ready for use in production/children shots. Once the Master/Parent shots are approved by the AD and Director, creates any necessary documentation for Lighting Team and responsible for Lighting Launch of each episode (internally and externally), guides visual and technical continuity of all shots within episodes.
Works closely with Production Management:
- Follows team (internally and externally), on a daily basis, with Production Management to reinforce schedule and confirm progress.
- Organize reviews for his/her team.
- Is responsible to present any work being reviewed.
- Reinforces, to his/her team, the importance of deadlines, and alerts PM of any problems arising that could affect the schedule.
Will be asked to test new tools, shaders and scripts before they are releasedto the Lighting & Comp Department. Expected to offer time saving solutions and techniques.
Leads are also responsible to assist in the training and advancement oflighting and comp techniques within team and department.
Responsible to help cultivate a strong team environment, reporting any performance issues or conflicts to Production Management andLighting Supervisor.
At the end of each project, gathers useful information of issues that occurred during production, which should be resolved and not repeated in future productions.
- Minimum of 6 years lighting and compositing experience working within a CG Animation Feature and / or episodic production pipeline.
- Previous leadership role with artists.
- Comfortable managing overseas resources.
- Excellent understanding of asset tracking and management tools.
- Expert level working with Maya and Nuke.
- Experience working with various render engines.
- Strong creative background and a great artistic eye.
- Ability to communicate accurately, tactfully, conveying competency, helpfulness and support.
- Excellent attention to technical detail, strong problem solving skills and ability to deliver accurate work.
- Adaptability/Flexibility of style.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Illustration, Photography, Cinematography, Computer Graphics or equivalent job experience.
closing date: 25/06/2018
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’