- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
JOB TITLE: Modeller
REPORTING TO: Assistant Production Manager
SUPERVISED BY: Lead Modeller
Summary of the Role:
The position of Modeller requires someone with several years of experience in a similar role working on broadcast or film projects. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, an eye for form and detail, the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production and have an excellent technical understanding of Maya’s modelling tools.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Retopologise key character models and variants, including blend shapes and correctives, and ensure the meshes adhere to Brown Bag’s modelling pipeline with the correct topology and edge flow for rigging.
- Create key environment and prop assets which are optimized and economical, meet art director’s requirements and adhere to project’s pipeline.
- Create or modify character concept sculpts in Z-brush to aid look development of assets when required.
- Collaborate with the pre-vis department to finalise layouts for environment modelleing.
- Assist with quality control (both technically and visually) on models from overseas studios and junior modellers when needed.
- Complete generalist tasks as set out by 3D supervisor, Lead modeller or production Manager.
- Experience working as a Modeller in either broadcast or feature film work.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Maya.
- Must have full understanding of technical character modelling to aid rigging (good topology, edge flow and anatomical proportions) and/or must have a thorough understanding of creating efficient environment and prop models for a shot pipeline (subdivision, instancing etc)
- ZBrush experience is a plus.
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is a plus.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Must be a collaborator and open to taking direction.
- Must be eager to participate in further training where required.
Please include Show Reel of Previous Work
Closing date: 25/06/2018
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’