- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Storyboard Supervisor (Contract)
Manchester, United Kingdom
JOB TITLE: Storyboard Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Senior Episodic Director
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Brown Bag Films 2D Animation Studio in Manchester is recruiting for the position of STORYBOARD SUPERVISOR.
Working in a busy creative environment, the successful candidate will work on Nella The Princess Knight Season 2, 40x11 minute episode pre-school series for a global childrens’ channel.
The series is being created in Toon Boom Harmony.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of freelance Storyboard Artists
- Work closely with the Senior Episodic Director to get the style of the show through to the team.
- Create script notes detailing what is required of the storyboard for each episode.
- Responsible for handing out the launch packages to the storyboard artists, and through launch calls communicating the specific requirements of each episode.
- Review and make detailed notes on each storyboard pass, and make revisions when needed.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working as a Storyboard Supervisor (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work.
- A good understanding of cinematography and staging
- Strong drawing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
Contract type: Fixed Contract
BROWN BAG FILMS are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 21 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), four Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.
BROWN BAG FILMS' much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Henry Hugglemonster, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Olivia, Noddy in Toyland, and Octonauts. Their most recent production is the animated pre-school series The Stinky & Dirty Show for Amazon Studios which premiered on Amazon Prime in January 2015 as part of the Amazon Pilots Season. With a second office in LA, and a newly opened third facility in the UK implementing a long form 2D animation pipeline, BROWN BAG FILMS are committed to producing the highest-quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters.
Founded in 1994 by Cathal Gaffney and Darragh O'Connell, BROWN BAG FILMS have worked with some of the world’s biggest entertainment names, including Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC, Chorion, Silvergate Media and Amazon Studios. BROWN BAG FILMS recently partnered with publishing house Scholastic UK to jointly develop publishing and animated content for children’s audiences. In 2015 BROWN BAG FILMS announced their acquisition by 9 Story Media Group, a leading creator, producer and distributor of award-winning content for young audiences around the world.
The studio is among the most technically-advanced in the world, with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. Their motto is simple: 'We love animation'. In fact, they love it so much they trademarked it: 'WE LOVE ANIMATION™.’