- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
BUYER PLANNER (Full Time)
About the job
JOB TITLE - BUYER PLANNER
REPORTS TO - DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
****CLOSING DATE 30th JULY****
Croom Precision Medical is an award winning precision engineering company with 35 years of operation, specialising in Contract Manufacturing, Precision Components and Part Finishing, serving the Medical Device and Aerospace sectors. The family owned company is FDA registered with a commitment to innovation in manufacturing practices, we pride ourselves on our ability to work collaboratively with our enviable client list to deliver the highest quality components through leveraging our deep engineering expertise with the most cost-effective solutions.
As we scale, we want you to join us, to work with the largest multinational clients in the Medical Device arena, in particular Orthopaedic Implants, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge R&D hub and technologies, plus a unique thriving team. We are interested in hard-working, committed talent. We have the drive to scale and to help you develop your own career path through HRD. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, you could be who we are looking for!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As BUYER PLANNER you will the opportunity to nurture and leverage some of our longest standing blue-chip clients, working with them to effectively identify new potential solutions and develop a roadmap to achievement of cost efficiencies. The ideal candidate with have experience in the medical device sector with a proven track record in lean principles, process improvements and sound manufacturing practice. Experience in successfully achieving sales targets and KPI measurements. Ability to lead, inspire, and motivate people is paramount to the role. Strong interpersonal and management skills. You will be part of an ambitious team where further opportunities to grow into engineering roles will exist.
YOU’LL GET THE CHANCE TO:
- Manage strategic and tactical purchasing responsibilities for assigned portfolio to maintain a high level of customer service
- Work directly with suppliers to gain an understanding of their internal planning system and how their processes affect/interact with Croom Precision Medical material and capacity requirements.
- Develop a supply plan across a complex portfolio and multiple sites if required as franchise maturity develops. Engage in capability building with suppliers as part of cross functional teams and add expertise in creating the optimal solutions
- Generate and communicate receipts, inventory, and any relevant KPIs to key stakeholders
- Identify gaps in existing business processes and drive improvement activities to close them
- Serve as subject matter expert in purchasing functions. Train and mentor other team members as needed to ensure customer needs are met
- Work cross-functionally with the following teams and global SPOC’s to support Croom Precision Medical initiatives: Sourcing, AO, Engineering, Customer Service, and Operations
- Work with team members to maintain item master data, i.e. lead times, minimum order qty/order multiple, safety stock levels, delivery dates etc to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times
- Expedite or de-expedite product as required ensuring material availability at all times, whilst meeting agreed inventory targets. Escalate supply constraints as needed and within appropriate lead time
- Participate and provide input to supplier scorecard reviews to achieve agreed upon OTD (on time delivery), cost saving and responsiveness targets
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
- Minimum level 7 degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Self-motivated & capable of working on your own initiative to deliver business & Quality goals.
- Experience in Validation or New product development
You’ll also have the following core competencies:
· Communication. Highly collaborative and proactively communicative. Can easily build credibility and trust across a wide range of people.
· Commercially astute, you will recognise the importance of investing time with prospects and the necessity for quick follow up to high standards
· Resilience: Personal and professional resilience. Can accept mistakes, handle conflict and possess the ability to multitask
· Ability to work on own initiative. The role is highly mobile, your remit and deliverables are clear. You will be expected to drive the technical sales function, with determination, and take responsibility for assuring company and client policies and procedures are correctly followed
· Commitment to deliverables - Consistency. You will be provided with back office support, there will be times where you’ll be required to work outside regular office hours