- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
CNC Programmer - DOOSAN LATHE (Full Time)
About the job
JOB TITLE - CNC Programmer - DOOSAN LATHE
REPORTS TO - DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
****CLOSING DATE 30th Sept****
Croom Precision Medical is an award winning precision engineering company with 35 years of operation, specialising in Contract Manufacturing, Precision Components and Part Finishing, serving the Medical Device and Aerospace sectors. The family owned company is FDA registered with a commitment to innovation in manufacturing practices, we pride ourselves on our ability to work collaboratively with our enviable client list to deliver the highest quality components through leveraging our deep engineering expertise with the most cost-effective solutions.
As we scale, we want you to join us, to work with the largest multinational clients in the Medical Device arena, in particular Orthopaedic Implants, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge R&D hub and technologies, plus a unique thriving team. We are interested in hard-working, committed talent. We have the drive to scale and to help you develop your own career path through HRD. If you seek an entrepreneurial, flexible and team-oriented culture, you could be who we are looking for!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As CNC Programmer you will the opportunity to nurture and leverage some of our longest standing blue-chip clients, working with them to effectively identify new potential solutions and develop a roadmap to achievement of cost efficiencies. The ideal candidate with have experience in the medical device sector with a proven track record in lean principles, process improvements and sound manufacturing practice. Experience in successfully achieving sales targets and KPI measurements. Ability to lead, inspire, and motivate people is paramount to the role. Strong interpersonal and management skills. You will be part of an ambitious team where further opportunities to grow into engineering roles will exist.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Manufacturing fixtures and jigs to GD&T drawings
• Use of metrology tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product/process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Process Engineers.
• Drive Process Improvements through new technology and equipment introductions.
• Develop and provide training for manufacturing team members.
• Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance. departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
• Validation, Appraisal and support machining suppliers and raw material suppliers
• Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting
with support team members and with external agents.
• All other duties as assigned.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED:
• Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Medical device production experience desired
• Experience in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering.
• Operation of machinery machining centers proficiency of GD&T is desired.
• Experience in CNC and Manual Surface Grinding required
• Experience in CNC Milling strategies required
- Self-motivated & capable of working on your own initiative to deliver business & Quality goals.
- Experience in Validation or New product development
You’ll also have the following core competencies:
· Communication. Highly collaborative and proactively communicative. Can easily build credibility and trust across a wide range of people.
· Commercially astute, you will recognise the importance of investing time with prospects and the necessity for quick follow up to high standards
· Resilience: Personal and professional resilience. Can accept mistakes, handle conflict and possess the ability to multitask
· Ability to work on own initiative. The role is highly mobile, your remit and deliverables are clear. You will be expected to drive the technical sales function, with determination, and take responsibility for assuring company and client policies and procedures are correctly followed
· Commitment to deliverables - Consistency. You will be provided with back office support, there will be times where you’ll be required to work outside regular office hours