- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Maintenance Technician (Full Time)
Role Purpose Statement
- Working as part of a multi-functional maintenance team, providing a maintenance service to ensure that all equipment operates at optimum level and that equipment and services are safe and efficient
- Continually improving the efficiency and effectiveness of facilities and manufacturing equipment, working to set targets/objectives
- While the core competency is maintenance, the Maintenance Technician is expected to carry out operational work where required
- Perform full range of plant maintenance tasks and repairs on a proactive/planned and reactive basis.
- Maintenance fitter work in providing to meet day to day engineering services in a busy high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Implement equipment reliability improvements and assist in developing new maintenance work-flow methods and techniques.
- Process optimisation to ensure maximum efficiency
- Employ predictive maintenance techniques to achieve benchmark plant reliability
- Follow safe systems in work environment of a safe system of work, PPE permits, risk assessment etc
- Be a leader in continuous Improvement initiatives in predictive maintenance techniques such as Machine Acceptance Forms etc.
- Become a key member in company initiatives such as implementation of maintenance Management Systems to log faults and report potential problem areas, extract fault information, generate work orders and log completed work.
- Assist with the moving or installation of plant or equipment as part of Site Acceptance Tests
- Carry out additional duties as instructed by the Engineering Manager
- This is a shift-based role, days & nights and the ideal candidate must be prepared to work either as required
- Good Team Player with the ability to take direction as required
- Existing entitlement to work in the EU
Skills & Experience
The job-holder must be mechanically minded with experience trouble-shooting mechanical problems, carrying out Preventive Maintenance checks and experience of working with pneumatics.
The role requires the skills of an experienced maintenance person with a bias to mechanical engineering
- Diagnostic trouble-shooting and problem-solving analysis are essential skills
- Good knowledge of Maintenance process and activities gained within a plant environment.
- Understanding of predictive maintenance techniques;
- Vibration analysis, thermography and ultrasound would be an advantage, but training will be provided
- Thorough understanding of EHS and behavioural based safety culture
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Knowledge of BRC/HACCP requirements is an advantage
- IT skills are also desirable
CupPrint is one of the world’s leading producers of printed paper cups. Our speciality is short to mid-sized runs and unrivalled fast delivery. Having recently joined forces with global food and drink packaging specialist Huhtamaki this is an exciting time in our business.