- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Assistant Project Leader, Grange Lodge REF: APLGL20 (Full Time)
Title: Assistant Project Leader
Reporting to: Project Leader
Project: Grange Lodge, 7 Stanhope Street, Dublin 7
Contract: Full Time Specified Purpose Contract
Primary Purpose: To work as part of a team, within the Crisis Intervention Services, providing support and assistance to young people aged 15-18 who are out of home in a short-term residential setting. To assist the Project Leader in providing effective leadership and supervision to the team.
- Work within the framework of the overall objectives of Focus Ireland.
- To lead a team in adhering to the National Standards for Children in Residential Services
- To effectively respond to the changing needs and challenges of the client group
- To attend meetings and represent the team and the agency at external liaisons and tofacilitate team meetings, team training and support sessions as required.
- To lead the team in providing a safe welcoming environment for young people aged 15-18 who are outof home, including provision of basic care needs such as household duties.
- To work in close co-operation with other teams in Focus Ireland, Community Care Social Work Services and other Statutory and Voluntary Agencies as deemed appropriate.
- To oversee that daily logs, case notes and other information is recorded as required by the National Standards for Children in Residential Services
- To participate in daily handovers and facilitate the smooth day to day running of the unit.
- To share supervision of Team Leaders, Project Workers, students, CSV’s with the Project Leader
- To be responsible for conducting the performance appraisals and for monitoring the performance of the staff being supervised by him/her. (Appraisals to also be signed off by the Project Leader and Section Manager)
- To participate in the administrative functions of the project, such as Softworks, the Rota, Petty Cash as required by the Project Leader.
- To participate in the on-call system.
- In the absence of the Project Leader the Assistant Project Leader will take on the duties and responsibilities of the Project Leader to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- To implement the policies and procedures of both Grange Lodge and the agency in collaboration with the Project Leader and the Section Manager.
- To engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis with the Project Leader
- To participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with your Project Leader
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Project Leader.
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
- Must have a social care qualification or a qualification in a related and relevant field and have 3 years’ experience of working at social care grade with children.
- A minimum of 3 years full-time work experience in a residential setting.
- A third level qualification at degree level in social care or related field.
- A working knowledge of the impact of childhood adversity on adolescents.
- A working knowledge and insight into the issues (e.g. substance misuse) that affect customers, in particular adolescents who have or are experiencing homelessness.
- Ability to manage and support customers in crisis who present with challenging behaviours based upon Focus Irelands values and principles of best practice.
- Experience of working in partnership with multidisciplinary teams to holistically meet the needs of service users.
- A working knowledge and understanding of the supervision and appraisal process.
- A working knowledge and understanding of Child Protection, and responses to concerns
- A high standard of written communication
- Teamwork and team support
- Flexible and reliable
- Supervisory experience
- A working knowledge and understanding of therapeutic crisis intervention model
- Previous management experience
Closing date for the above position: 18th March 2020
Interviews will take place from the week of 23rd March 2020
Focus Ireland Mission:
We are driven by the fundamental belief that homelessness is wrong. Wrong because it is a failure of society that creates victims out of ordinary people and robs them of their potential. Wrong because it can be prevented, it can be solved but is allowed to continue and in doing so, undermines society.
Focus Ireland currently employs 435 people in various capacities that include permanent, fixed term, full time, part time, and relief.
We aim to create continuous improvement and add value through partnership, integration, accessibility and empowerment of all employees.
What we offer
Top up Maternity Benefit up to 22 weeks
Top up Paternity leave up to 8 days
Education Policy - provision of financial support for upskilling/qualifications
Cycle to Work scheme
Annual Leave – 25 days
Concession days – 3 days – Good Friday plus 2 days at Christmas
Defined Contribution – 5% employee contribution and 7% employer contribution
EAP – Employee assistance programme –staff counselling
Death in Service benefit – 3 times salary
Sick Pay Policy