- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Project Worker Caretakers, REF: PWCT20 (Full Time)
Title: Project Worker
Location: Caretakers Hostel, The Back Lane, Dublin 8
Reporting to: Assistant Project Leader
Primary Purpose:The Project has been designed to meet the needs of young people aged between 16 and 21 years who are currently out of home and /or in transition from childcare residential services and being at risk of extended adult homelessness
Contract: Full Time Permanent Contract
- Work within the framework of the overall objectives of Focus Ireland.
- To provide support and guidance to create a caring and therapeutic environment for the young people.
- To work under the supervision of the Assistant Project Leader and to provide support and leadership to colleagues.
- To work a 7-day week Rota covering day, evening and live night shifts, including weekends
- To utilize and provide a case management approach undertaking individual assessments and developing support plans
- To implement the standards of Caretakers Hostel model of care for young people and to identify gaps and arrange support for the young people.
- To liaise with relevant internal and external agencies as indicated in the Support Plan with particular reference to Tusla services
- To facilitate initial assessments and referrals to the case management team thus promoting access for the over 18 young people to secure housing, drug treatment, health, court support and social welfare services.
- To provide individual support to young people which will enable them to work on the personal issues which have contributed to their homelessness situation.
- To engage with the process of Focus Ireland Case Management in referring young people to external agencies which can more appropriately assist them with the personal, social, educational, employment, legal and accommodation needs.
- To maintain accurate up to date all client files, key working records case records, care and case management data-base and statistics.
- To attend weekly team meetings.
- To actively engage with Focus Irelands model of Supervision and Reflective practice.
- To provide support towards the monthly written report on the work and service provided.
- To attend the annual service reviews and assist in the evaluation of the Caretakers Project.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team approach with clients.
- To engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis with the Assistant Project Leader
- To participate in core and relevant training and development courses as agreed with your Assistant Project Leader
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Project Leader
- To identify and report Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
- To provide advice and practical support across a range of issues including Housing, Health, Safety, Addictions and Social Welfare and ensure that pamphlets and other written materials are available and up-to-date.
- To work in close liaison and co-operation with the Caretakers Case Management team within Focus Ireland and other Statutory and Voluntary Agencies as deemed appropriate
- A Third level Degree in Social Care.
- Proven direct work experience in a social care setting at a project worker level or equivalent.
- Experience of supporting marginalized clients/groups preferably adolescents
- A working knowledge and insight into the social issues (e.g. substance abuse) that affect young people, in particular young people, who have or are experiencing homelessness.
- Ability to manage and support clients in crisis who present with challenging behaviours based on the values and principles of best practice in Focus Ireland
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge and understanding of Child Protection
- Experience of key working, assessments and care planning
- Excellent report writing and IT skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Reliability and flexibility
- A working knowledge and understanding of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention model
- A working knowledge and understanding of the National Standards for Children’s Residential Centre’s.
Interviews for the above role will take place on 8th April 2020
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
This role is subject to Garda Vetting and satisfactory reference checking
Focus Ireland Mission:
We are driven by the fundamental belief that homelessness is wrong. Wrong because it is a failure of society that creates victims out of ordinary people and robs them of their potential. Wrong because it can be prevented, it can be solved but is allowed to continue and in doing so, undermines society.
Focus Ireland currently employs 435 people in various capacities that include permanent, fixed term, full time, part time, and relief.
We aim to create continuous improvement and add value through partnership, integration, accessibility and empowerment of all employees.
What we offer
Top up Maternity Benefit up to 22 weeks
Top up Paternity leave up to 8 days
Education Policy - provision of financial support for upskilling/qualifications
Cycle to Work scheme
Annual Leave – 25 days
Concession days – 3 days – Good Friday plus 2 days at Christmas
Defined Contribution – 5% employee contribution and 7% employer contribution
EAP – Employee assistance programme –staff counselling
Death in Service benefit – 3 times salary
Sick Pay Policy