- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Project Worker Creating Foundations REF: PWCFK20 (Full Time)
Title: Project Worker, Housing and Support (Creating Foundations)
Reporting to: Assistant Project Leader
Contract: Full Time 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Primary Purpose: The aim of the service is to provide a package of support which will enable individuals with mental health difficulties in CHO7 to live independently and become full participants in their communities. In collaboration with HSE Mental Health Services in CHO7, to support individuals on their pathway to independent living and provide ongoing post-settlement support.
- To meet and assess clients who have been referred to the service by HSE mental health services in CHO7.
- To establish supportive and respectful relationships with clients in order to help them achieve their housing and housing support goals, in collaboration with mental health professionals, and as outlined in their support plans.
- To assist with the sourcing of appropriate and suitable accommodation in conjunction with the individuals, assist them with the moving process and promote personal responsibility and self-advocacy.
- To visit individuals in their new homes on a regular basis to provide ongoing, post-settlement support.
- To assist with the carrying out of ongoing assessments and reviews and develop and implement support plans with those referred to the service.
- To make contact with and establish links as appropriate with local services and relevant community groups who can assist with integration and to work closely where appropriate with housing providers..
- Work within the framework of the overall objectives of Focus Ireland and the Creating Foundations Project.
- To assist with the role out of the Creating Foundations model within mental health services in CHO7.
- To work with and under the supervision and direction of the line management within the project and engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis and attend Team, Section and Agency meetings, as required.
- To be familiar with and comply with all relevant Focus Ireland policy e.g. Child Protection Policy, Confidentiality Policy, Customer Complaints Policy, Health and Safety Policy, Personnel Policy.
- To maintain accurate records and statistics in accordance with Focus Ireland policy.
- To provide regular concise written updates to the Mental Health Services regarding their clients, for their files.
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
- To participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with the Project Lead and Services Manager.
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with ‘Creating Foundations’ lead, Service Manager and the Assistant Project Leader.
Criteria: Project Worker
- A relevant Third Level qualification at degree level in social care, or related fields.
- Experience working in a social care setting or in a supported housing project.
- Experience of supporting individuals with a mental health diagnosis.
- Experience and knowledge of child safeguarding.
- Full Clean Driving Licence and use of her own car.
- Experience in carrying out assessments, including risk assessments.
- Experience in developing support plans and carrying out reviews
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
- Ability to work alone and in a team setting.
- Ability to display flexibility in the role.
- Willingness to develop professional skills as identified through supervision.
- Lived experience of using secondary mental health services.
- Advocacy on behalf of a vulnerable client groups
- Report writing skills
- Information Technology skills
Interview for the above role will take Place on the week of 13th April 2020
Focus Ireland Mission:
We are driven by the fundamental belief that homelessness is wrong. Wrong because it is a failure of society that creates victims out of ordinary people and robs them of their potential. Wrong because it can be prevented, it can be solved but is allowed to continue and in doing so, undermines society.
Focus Ireland currently employs 435 people in various capacities that include permanent, fixed term, full time, part time, and relief.
We aim to create continuous improvement and add value through partnership, integration, accessibility and empowerment of all employees.
What we offer
Top up Maternity Benefit up to 22 weeks
Top up Paternity leave up to 8 days
Education Policy - provision of financial support for upskilling/qualifications
Cycle to Work scheme
Annual Leave – 25 days
Concession days – 3 days – Good Friday plus 2 days at Christmas
Defined Contribution – 5% employee contribution and 7% employer contribution
EAP – Employee assistance programme –staff counselling
Death in Service benefit – 3 times salary
Sick Pay Policy