- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Project Worker Tipperary TSS Ref: PWTIP20 (Full Time)
PROJECT: Tipperary Tenancy Support & Sustainment
JOB TITLE: Project Worker (Based in Nenagh, Tipperary)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Project Leader
CONTRACT: Full Time, 1 Year Fixed Term
PURPOSE OF JOB: To work as part of Focus Ireland’s team in Tipperary. To provide planned programmes of settlement to people who are establishing themselves in the community. To provide preventative programmes to people who are experiencing difficulties in maintaining their tenancy and are at risk of becoming homeless. To assist in the development of the TSS service and raise awareness within the community.
Main Duties and Methodology
- To work within the framework of the overall objectives of Focus Ireland and ensure that the project’s work practices are in line with Focus Ireland policies and procedures.
- To work with and under the supervision and direction of the Project Leader
- To undertake work with an agreed number of households (single people and families) in the community and provide agreed appropriate programs of support according to client need. To encourage autonomy and independence.
- To build professional relationships and work effectively with a wide range of agencies and professionals in the community in all sectors. This includes arranging and delivering presentations.
- To participate in a care and case management model of work with other providers.
- To advocate on behalf of clients to housing providers in all sectors, to local services, community groups and a range of other professionals.
- To develop and monitor programs and give updates to referrers by agreement with clients and in accordance with Focus Ireland Policies and Procedures.
- To carry out assessments and reports of said programs as requested.
- To work within all existing policies and procedures of Focus Ireland in the project, including agency policies on complaints, confidentiality, health and safety, child protection and human resources.
- To keep accurate records and statistics by recording interventions according to agency procedures. To produce reports as required.
- To engage in regular supervision sessions with the Project Leader.
- To participate in relevant training and development courses.
- To attend and contribute to project and agency meetings as required, this includes Team Meetings, Project Reviews and evaluations. To implement and monitor any changes that may be required in the delivery of the service.
- To work cooperatively and effectively with other sections and divisions in Focus Ireland to ensure the implementation of policies or initiatives in areas such as personnel, finance and administration, research, development, education, public awareness and service provision.
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Project Leader, Project Manager, Deputy Director of Services or Director of Services.
- To 'lone work' with individuals and families within the community, including people’s homes and/or other remote locations, and to adhere to the Lone Working policy and guidance including localised systems in place within the Project(s).
Pre-requisites for position:
- Relevant work experience in a similar field
- Degree in Social Studies or equivalent
- A good understanding of the issues surrounding homelessness
- Full Drivers licence and full access to vehicle
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to solve problems effectively
- Good communication skills
- Ability to cope with and manage Lone Working including out of hours work.
- Strong knowledge of services in Tipperary
- Experiencing of networking
- Experience of making presentations
- Experience in advocacy
- Knowledge/experience of child protection issues.
- Experience of focussed key-working
- Experience in record keeping/report writing
Interviews to take place on 15th April
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
This role is subject to Garda Vetting and satisfactory reference checking
Focus Ireland Mission:
We are driven by the fundamental belief that homelessness is wrong. Wrong because it is a failure of society that creates victims out of ordinary people and robs them of their potential. Wrong because it can be prevented, it can be solved but is allowed to continue and in doing so, undermines society.
Focus Ireland currently employs 435 people in various capacities that include permanent, fixed term, full time, part time, and relief.
We aim to create continuous improvement and add value through partnership, integration, accessibility and empowerment of all employees.
What we offer
Top up Maternity Benefit up to 22 weeks
Top up Paternity leave up to 8 days
Education Policy - provision of financial support for upskilling/qualifications
Cycle to Work scheme
Annual Leave – 25 days
Concession days – 3 days – Good Friday plus 2 days at Christmas
Defined Contribution – 5% employee contribution and 7% employer contribution
EAP – Employee assistance programme –staff counselling
Death in Service benefit – 3 times salary
Sick Pay Policy