- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Project Worker, Genio Housing First REF: PWHFG20 (Full Time)
Title: Project Worker X 2 roles
Reporting to: Project Leader
Project: Genio Housing First
Section: Focus Ireland Limerick
Contract: Full time 18 months Fixed Term Contract
Primary Purpose: To work as a part of Genio Housing First Case Management Service to deliver a ‘Housing First’ approach to individuals experiencing long term homelessness in Limerick City.
1. To work to the principles and fidelity of housing first.
2. Work within the framework of the overall objectives of the Genio Housing First Intensive Case Management Service
3. To work within the overall policies and procedures of the Genio Housing First team.
4. To provide a safe, welcoming environment for clients that are out of home/or at risk, including the provision of basic physical care and support within the service, respecting consumer choice and self-determination.
5. To establish trusting relationships especially with clients who are living on the streets or in temporary accommodation and who are unattached or out-of-home and engage them in work that enables them to move to a more stable lifestyle
6. To undertake assessments and support planning with clients as the lead agent using the Care and Case Management system and protocols and other tools as appropriate e.g. STAR Outcome to assist the person to successfully progress toward independent living as appropriate.
7. To develop methods, structures and relationships to support the client with their individual housing, welfare rights and entitlements and to access move on accommodation.
8. To assist the tenant to create and sustain a home, implementing practices in line with tenancy settlement indicators.
9. To work a 39 hour week as agreed with the Project Leader to meet the objective of the service.
10. To build up and maintain a portfolio of accommodation providers in social housing, homeless sector and private rented accommodation.
11. To accompany and provide support to clients on appointments to other services i.e. doctors, counsellors, court etc.
12. To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and service.
13. To work in conjunction with the Property officer, supporting the tenants adherence to life skill development (home making skills), pay rent, reporting repair and being a good neighbour.
14. To provide Advice, Information and Guidance as a prevention or in response to being out of home.
15. To assist the tenants integrate their lives within their local community, providing support in accessing clinical, medical and other support services.
16. To support tenants in developing life skills, seeking out education, training and employment opportunities if and where they so wish.
17. To maintain a caseload of clients.
18. To accompany and provide support to clients with appointments to other services, where appropriate.
19. To be responsible for keeping up to date casework records, daily logs and written assessments. Inputting information on the Focus Ireland database and PASS.
20. To work in close liaison and co-operation with other teams within Focus Ireland and also other Statutory and Voluntary Agencies as deemed appropriate
21. To work to the service model and standards of best practice
22. To attend Team, Section, Divisional, Agency and external meetings, including handovers, and training as required
23. To meet regularly for supervision of work with your assigned Supervisor
24. To supervise students or volunteers as requested by assigned supervisor or Project Leader
25. To implement existing policies and procedures and to input into the development of new ones
26. To plan, implement and evaluate the daily activities.
27. To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Project Leader.
28. To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
- Qualification in social care at degree level, youth work or related discipline
- Experience of working with customers are or have been homeless
- Experience of working with customers identified as having a dual diagnosis
- Experience of team working.
- Report writing abilities
- IT skills
- Experience of working and liaising with other agencies
Person needs to demonstrate
- Communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of homelessness and issues that affect people who are or have been homeless
- Ability to plan and implement programmes
Full driver’s license
Focus Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Focus Ireland Mission:
We are driven by the fundamental belief that homelessness is wrong. Wrong because it is a failure of society that creates victims out of ordinary people and robs them of their potential. Wrong because it can be prevented, it can be solved but is allowed to continue and in doing so, undermines society.
Focus Ireland currently employs 435 people in various capacities that include permanent, fixed term, full time, part time, and relief.
We aim to create continuous improvement and add value through partnership, integration, accessibility and empowerment of all employees.
What we offer
Top up Maternity Benefit up to 22 weeks
Top up Paternity leave up to 8 days
Education Policy - provision of financial support for upskilling/qualifications
Cycle to Work scheme
Annual Leave – 25 days
Concession days – 3 days – Good Friday plus 2 days at Christmas
Defined Contribution – 5% employee contribution and 7% employer contribution
EAP – Employee assistance programme –staff counselling
Death in Service benefit – 3 times salary
Sick Pay Policy