- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Part-Time Workplace Investigator (Part Time)
South East Ireland , Ireland
The Workplace Investigator will carry out workplace investigations within our client base, in line with best practice, fair procedures and current employment legislation.
Key Functions & Results Areas (Key Activities):
- Perform workplace investigations from commencement to completion, including conducting investigative interviews of employees and others, and reviewing, analysing, and creating documents and data collected as part of the investigations.
- Draft comprehensive Terms of Reference for the investigations.
- Summarise and organise information and documents as part of the end-to-end investigation process.
- Effectively interact and communicate with individuals involved in the subject matter being investigated.
- Make objective and analytically-sound investigative findings.
- Draft detailed investigation reports, as well as other documents and correspondence related to the investigations.
- Communicate findings of the investigation to the relevant parties.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is maintained in compliance with GDPR and record retention requirements.
Ensure the investigation is conducted fairly and impartially.
- A number of years’ experience working within Human Resources, at a senior level.
- Proven experience as a Workplace Investigator (3+ years).
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, especially in complex situations.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to consistently produce high-level written reports.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Self-motivated, detail-orientated and highly organised.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with employees, witnesses, members of management and others during the investigation.
- BSc/BA in HR/Business administration or relevant field.
- Excellent working knowledge of employment legislation.
- Formal Training as a workplace investigator, while not essential, is highly desirable.
- Current driving licence with own car.
Competencies Required for this Role:
The post holder will demonstrate competence in the following key areas:
Attention to Detail
- Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently.
- Setting high-quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and to secure quality.
- Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks.
- Regularly reviews materials to ensure they meet prescribed quality standards.
- Takes direct action in order to ensure quality of work.
- Allocates means and time to enhance quality issues.
Leading & Driving Performance
- Takes responsibility for own work and the actions of the team, delivers effectively, on time and to a high standard.
- Is a strong team player collaborating and working closely with all members of the business.
- Is committed to sharing knowledge and information with colleagues.
- Can compile, analyse and collate information in a meaningful way.
- Maximises use of information and communications technology.
Managing Client Relationships
- Is committed to building and maintaining effective relationships with clients.
- Understands client needs and delivers timely response to ensure their needs are met.
- Has well developed influencing skills with an ability to communicate strategies and to gain support for plans and ideas at senior management level.
Anticipating & Adapting to Change
- Maintains an external focus and applies critical thinking to anticipate the potential impact of issues on the business.
- Has a positive attitude to change and willingly identifies and embraces new plans and strategies for the business.
Imagination, Innovation & Creativity
- Embraces innovation and creativity within the Company and makes innovative and creative suggestions on possible improvements.
- Displays fresh and forward-thinking approach.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate verbal information clearly and concisely, is capable of delivering presentations and actively participates in relevant meetings.
- Demonstrates the ability to produce written reports to a high standard.
World Class Human Resources Consultancy and Management
Allow us to use our proven expertise and experience to help you in your business through the provision of effective, practical consultancy and management of human resources.
Seeking to exceed expectation and lead by innovation and best practice, Insight HR delivers objective, problem-solving HR solutions including redundancy management services; innovative, results-driven training & people development programmes and practical, goal-orientated recruitment services.
Our passionate and committed consultants combine a high degree of academic substance with a depth of practical business and consulting experience in some of Ireland’s leading organisations. We partner with our clients to achieve their development and growth potentials – swiftly and seamlessly – while ensuring a high level of compliance at all times. We are equally experienced in advising clients currently undertaking the process of rightsizing or downsizing their business and needing to avail of our redundancy management or outplacement services.
Insight HR is the partner of preference for an ever-expanding list of clients from emerging companies, to SMEs and large corporates and organisations.