- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
IT Security Engineer (Full Time)
Carlow , Ireland
Founded in 2008, vCloud.ie is an innovative, creative and results-focused company. We are a leading provider of cybersecurity, disaster recovery and business continuity services in Ireland with the ambition to become a leading provider in the UK. We provide peace of mind to our clients, by knowing their critical data is safe. We are ISO 27001:2017 certified and have a team of inhouse dedicated IT specialists. vCloud.ie is currently embarking on an aggressive growth journey and is seeking to expand its team by hiring an IT Security Engineer.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced security engineer to contribute to the growth and success of vCloud.ie as we strive to become Ireland and the UK’s top provider of cybersecurity and data protection services. The person will be responsible for overseeing our clients' cybersecurity assessments and solutions.
This newly developed role will report to the CIO. The role will be based out of our Carlow office, however, will involve some travel to Dublin and the greater Leinster region.
- Managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategies for client companies while protecting the intellectual property of our clients at all times
- Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement including security audits and risk assessments
- Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next-generation solutions for clients
- Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered
- Devising strategies and implementing IT solutions to minimise the risk of cyber-attacks (Monitor threats and take preventative measures)
- Reviewing, analysing and delivering data information
- Managing the IT security budget and communicating this with the appropriate parties
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
- Identify, report and control incidents
- Degree in business administration or a technology-related field required.
- Professional security management certification
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs
- Full Clean driving licence and own transport
- Excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders
- Solid people management skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking and new security technologies
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT security strategy forward
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to clients
- Strong customer focus – able to meet the demands of clients
- Flexible and adaptable – capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands
- Creative thinking – able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve
- Multi-tasking – can manage several concurrent projects/clients and prioritise demands
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST are an advantage
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments
- Excellent presentation skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport and communicate at all levels
- Strong administration and documentation skills
- A self-starter with the ability to plan and work on own initiative and take ownership of clients. A can-do attitude and the ability to flex and go the extra mile for customers
- Reliable, professional and organized individual with an honest approach
- Dedicated to continuous development
Excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
€40 - €70K
World Class Human Resources Consultancy and Management
Allow us to use our proven expertise and experience to help you in your business through the provision of effective, practical consultancy and management of human resources.
Seeking to exceed expectation and lead by innovation and best practice, Insight HR delivers objective, problem-solving HR solutions including redundancy management services; innovative, results-driven training & people development programmes and practical, goal-orientated recruitment services.
Our passionate and committed consultants combine a high degree of academic substance with a depth of practical business and consulting experience in some of Ireland’s leading organisations. We partner with our clients to achieve their development and growth potentials – swiftly and seamlessly – while ensuring a high level of compliance at all times. We are equally experienced in advising clients currently undertaking the process of rightsizing or downsizing their business and needing to avail of our redundancy management or outplacement services.
Insight HR is the partner of preference for an ever-expanding list of clients from emerging companies, to SMEs and large corporates and organisations.