- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Senior Co-Ordinator or Co-Ordinator (dependent on experience), International Touring (Full Time)
London, United Kingdom
Intermusica is an award-winning international classical music management agency. We seek not just to represent the world’s greatest artists, but to inspire them to new creative heights. We are constantly exploring what it means to bring classical music to life in the 21st century, driven by our key values: integrity, support, dynamism and innovation.
We offer imaginative, personalised management for over 140 world-class and emerging artists; have more than 30 years’ expertise in international touring; tailor bespoke communications and marketing campaigns; and are an industry leader in film and multimedia in performance. Our first-class roster includes some of the most famous and respected artists performing today.
Founded in 1981 by current Chief Executive Stephen Lumsden, Intermusica has a highly experienced and agile workforce of over 50 staff in London, Berlin and Beijing.
This is an exciting opportunity for a first-class co-ordinator to join Intermusica’s International Touring department, which for over 30 years has operated at the forefront of this fast-changing area of the music industry, touring internationally renowned orchestras and projects worldwide.
As a member of this extremely busy department, your role includes, but is not limited to:
Travel & Accommodation
- Researching and booking complex hotel and travel arrangements for large groups
- Processing visa and work permits
Diary & Schedules
- Finalising programmes and formulating rehearsal and travel schedules
- Developing and producing tour and project schedules on Intermusica’s bespoke database Overture
- Working on future projects simultaneously, often whilst being abroad on tour, and liaising with partners in different time zones
- Accompanying orchestras and ensembles on tour, often as the sole representative of the company, to ensure the smooth running of all arrangements in conjunction with the client, promoters and service providers.
- Maintaining Overture database and sales documents with future and potential projects
- Following-up on project interest as directed by line manager
Contracts & Finance
- Producing financial paperwork (including budgets, invoices, statements and financial summaries)
- Assisting in the drafting and issuing of project contracts and general management agreements
- Working with the finance department to ensure prompt payments to Intermusica
- Applying for UK withholding tax and international tax exemptions as required
Marketing & PR
- Working on a variety of promotional materials and ensuring they are kept up to date on a regular basis
- Collaborating with Intermusica’s Marketing department to write website news stories, as well as distributing reviews and maintaining a record of press coverage
- This role will include representing lntermusica at concerts and industry events, and will require the ability to work flexible hours and to travel throughout the UK and abroad, as required
- Working closely with all members of the department and handling administrative matters including filing, copying, archiving, etc.
- Assisting with general office administration, welcoming guests and answering phones, when necessary
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Graduate calibre with some prior experience
- Fluent English speaker with excellent communication skills, comfortable interacting with artists and orchestra management, promoters and colleagues in a professional manner
- Able to prioritise and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Follows instructions accurately and uses initiative as required
- Team player who builds trust by being solutions-focused and accountable for their work
- Quick thinker, able to provide innovative solutions to last-minute problems, respond to the unexpected and cope well under pressure
- Highly organised, works to deadlines and with an excellent eye for detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of classical music. Experience of working within the classical music industry would be advantageous
Applicants are required to satisfy Intermusica that they are authorised to live and work in the UK.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 21st June
Competitive, dependent on experience