- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Level 2 Service Desk Engineer (Full Time)
Primary Purpose of the Role
The Level 2 Service Desk Engineer provides technical support and advice to users across multiple sites, platforms and technologies.
The postholder reports to the Service Desk Supervisor or designated manager.
- Working across teams and closely with our customers, to deliver high quality technical and customer service as part of the Intuity ITSM built on the ITIL Framework.
- Provide remote support to users and solve non-complex incidents to minimise system down-time and loss of productivity.
- Escalating issues to management as appropriate
- Using support tools to manage and track tickets and customer incidents and requests.
- Complete basic / standard requests for computers, printers, multifunction devices, equipment and other ICT systems in line with defined Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain clear and efficient communication with management and customers at all times.
- Meeting individual and team Key Performance Indicators.
- Contribute to the development of reference/training materials to assist the team through maintenance of documentation on system configurations and technical processes.
Education & Training
- Maintain continuous personal development and participate in team-based development, education, training and learning.
- Complete all mandatory training.
- Where appropriate, arrange for the induction and training for assigned staff, as required to maximise skill resources, (to include workplace experience placements where applicable).
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, you may be required to perform other appropriate duties which may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Relevant third level degree and or minimum 1-2 years industry experience in a similar role
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification (desirable)
- Excellent Communication skills
- Fluency in English language written and oral
- Authorisation to work in Ireland
Technical Knowledge of the following:
- Windows 10.
- MS Windows Server: 2008, 2012, 2016, 1019.
- MS exchange 2010 and above.
- Remote Desktop Server Implementations.
- Networking- Managed Switches, VLAN's, Wireless Access Points, Routers / Bridging.
- Security - Firewalls (SonicWall, Fortinet, Cisco, Spam Filtering, Web Filtering , Endpoint Protection, Security Best Practices.
- Cloud- Office 365, Microsoft 365, Azure, Azure AD, AWS, Google Cloud.
- Backup setups such as ArcServe, Veeam, Symantec, CommVault, Azure Backup.
Selected applicants will be required to complete a technical assessment as part of the recruitment process
- Company Pension
- Death in Service Scheme
- Sports & Social club
- Subsidised Learning & Development Opportunities
- Onsite gym (Galway office)
- EAP Programme
- Employee Partner Discount Scheme
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Annual Bonus Scheme
Dependent on Experience
Intuity is a technology company that offers Managed IT services, Professional Services & Consultancy, Business Software, Microsoft Solutions and IT and Data Security solutions.
Headquartered in Galway with offices in Dublin and Roscommon, the Intuity team work with clients all over Ireland, the UK and the US and across many sectors from construction and med-tech to financial, legal and manufacturing. We have over 40 years experience working in technology with clients accross all sectors nationwide.
Our team of staff range from recent graduates to team leaders with over 20 years experience in the sector.
At Intuity, its all about our people! We are passionate about supporting staff in their career development and operate within a coaching culture. We support you develop an understanding of your strengths, areas for growth and plans for the future.