- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
GIS Technicians (Full Time)
Entegro are seeking individuals who will enhance their design team. Due to expansion and growth, we have an exciting opportunities for GIS Technicians to work with us in the vibrant city of Kilkenny!
In this role, you will be working as part of the Planning Team and you will have key involvement in the planning and modelling of new Telecoms networks. This will involve inputting, planning & modelling Civil/Cable Routes, producing maps and drawings, and providing GIS and mapping support to field staff. If suitable, you will also have the opportunity to introduce new automated processes to improve efficiency within the planning team.
- Compile and update data capture information on GIS software and systems
- Perform data conversion using GIS software and systems
- Manage and maintain data set on our system
- Troubleshoot GIS problems and work with design team to resolution
- Ensure outputs are to the highest quality and adhere to client satisfaction
- Draw up RF electrical/fibre networks and schematics
- Design and draw up proposed duct routes on scale maps
- Produce working documentation and works instructions
- Provide full estimate of project materials and labour costs
- Produce Bills of Quantities and Bills of Materials
- Identify repetitive tasks that can be automated to improve efficiency
- A degree qualification in Engineering / Data communications /Networks/GIS/Geography or a related field is desirable
- Strong GIS skills and experience in Telecoms or U/G network design
- Ability to multi-task and work to a high standard
- An analytical, detail-oriented approach to work
- A willingness to learn and develop skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Previous scripting experience using python, SQL, LISP programmes is advantageous
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.