- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
HFC Planner (Full Time)
In this role, you will be working as part of the Planning Team. You will operate a Network Documentation System that includes passive network elements. You will have key involvement in HFC/Ethernet network modelling, plan Civil / Cable Route, produce maps and drawings, and provide CAD and mapping support to staff members. Measure fibre, and Coaxial cable lengths and provide cabling and splicing and termination schedules.
Specific Tasks / Duties:
- Walkout and survey area of proposed works to include duct & cable routes, equipment positions, capping / trunking and cable trays.
- Compile data capture information.
- Design RF (CATV) and Fibre Optical routes in accordance with current SOP and specification on GIS.
- Draw up RF electrical/fibre schematic diagrams.
- Measure fibre, and Coaxial cable lengths provide cabling and splicing and termination schedules.
- Design and draw up proposed duct routes on scale maps.
- Provide full estimate of project materials and labour costs.
- Produce working documentation and works instructions.
- Produce Bills of Quantities.
- Produce Bills of Materials
- Negotiate and communicate with local authorities, Councils, Developers and other utility undertakers.
Required skills and Experience:
- A degree qualification in Electronic Engineering / Data communications /Networks or a related field
- 2/3 years of experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in Inventory Management within a data communications network.
- Experience as a Planner, preferably within the telecommunications sector
- Must have GIS Smallworld & AutoCAD skills
- The ability to multi-task and a desire to work to a high standard in a busy office environment.
- An analytical, detail-oriented approach to work.
- A willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Must have good command of written and spoken English
- Must have HFC Network Design Skills using Lode Data (Design Assistant V8.0 & above)
- Must have good skills on AutoLISP
- Must have a good understanding on DOCSIS technology
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.