- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
Telecoms Field Surveyors – UK & Northern Ireland (Contract)
Belfast , Ireland
We are currently seeking Telecoms Field Surveyors to join our expanding teams in UK & Northern Ireland and help to take us to the next level. You will enjoy on the job training, weekly pay, fuel card and travel expenses as standard.
This role involves surveying, planning and designing cost effective FTTx network for enabling residential and business customers in the UK.
You will be required to review & record all customer demand points. Where applicable;
- Add new addresses
- Update Property Count
- Move demand points if proposed location is incorrect.
- Identify most suitable handover point to the customer premises
Review & record all proposed routes.
- Red line the cheapest routes
- Identify key feeder routes
- Identify routes to be avoided e.g. moratorium, expensive granite, etc.
Review & record all nodal boundaries
- Change boundaries to most suitable split if required
- Change node cabinet locations if required
Review & record LOC Areas
- Create LOC boundaries in areas such as;
- WSD Shared driveway
- PRRD Private road
- ADRD Unadopted road
- BP Business park
Identify & record Special Engineering Difficulties and Risks to the project delivery
- Propose solution to SED/risk
In addition, you will also be required to;
- Complete site-specific risk assessment
- Identify & record traffic sensitive areas
- Speaking with the public and 3rd party stakeholders to enable identifying wayleaves
- Ensure design has no conflict with 3rd party plant records.
Key skills and experience
- Comfortable using a tablet
- Previous experience in telecoms civils excavations re; conventional and narrow trench work
- Previous experience working on FTTC BT networks, UG & Ariel
- Understanding of routing of telecom wiring from point to point
- Willingness to travel
- A good standard of spoken English; spoken and written
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team
Advantage but not essential
- A9 and NRSWA streets works card held.
Training or refresher courses for these can be arranged for successful candidates
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.