- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
ARC GIS Technician (Full Time)
ARC GIS Technician
entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Echoing our values, clients are at the heart of what we do both locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service. With this our ambition is to build strong long-term client partnerships, where entegro are a partner of choice, where we are trusted and understand our clients KPIs. Our aim is to consistently deliver on quality, quantities and program every time.
We are currently seeking an ArcGIS Technician to join our expanding team and help to take us to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop this role in order to fit the ambitious growth plans of the company.
Working closely with our Technical Director and Planning Manager you will assist with the preparation and implementation of our GIS workflow for planners and surveyors using ArcGIS and other tools as required.
You will operate a GIS workflow system that supports the survey and design of Fibre To The Premises (FTTP/FTTH) and Hybrid Fibre/Coax (HFC) networks. You will have key involvement in FTTP/HFC modelling, planning Civil and Cable Routes, produce maps and drawings, and provide CAD and mapping support to survey and planning staff members. You will support the measurement of fibre and Coaxial cable lengths, and provide cabling, splicing and termination schedules.
Responsibilities for each area of focus include
- Compile and update data capture information on GIS software and systems.
- Perform data conversion using GIS software and systems.
- Manage and maintain data set on our system.
- Troubleshoot GIS problems and work with design team to resolution.
- Ensure outputs are to the highest quality and adhere to client satisfaction.
- Draw up RF electrical/fibre networks and schematics.
- Design and draw up proposed duct routes on scale maps.
- Produce working documentation and works instructions.
- Provide full estimate of project materials and labour costs
- Support the planning and surveying functions
- Produce Bills of Quantities and Bills of Materials
Key skills and experience
- A degree qualification in Electronic Engineering / Data communications /Networks or a related field
- A min of 4 years in a similar position
- Proficiency with the ArcGIS suite of applications
- GIS Smallworld & AutoCAD skills
- Ability to multitask and work to a high standard
- An analytical, detail-oriented approach to work
- A willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with QGIS
- Experience of using relational databases in a GIS setting
- Telecommunications experience Access & Core
- Experience of bid management, supply chain
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.