- 1. Jobs /
- 2. Job Description /
- 3. Job Application
ARC GIS Technician (Full Time)
ARC GIS Technician
entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Echoing our values, clients are at the heart of what we do both locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service. With this our ambition is to build strong long-term client partnerships, where entegro are a partner of choice, where we are trusted and understand our clients KPIs. Our aim is to consistently deliver on quality, quantities and program every time.
We are currently seeking an ARC GIS Technician to join our expanding team and help take us to the next level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop this role in order to fit the ambitious growth plans of the company.
Working closely with our Planning Team you will assist in managing our GIS database/server, implementing automation and innovative rules that will enhance our design process.
Key responsibilities for the role include
- Develop and maintain our GIS data storage (esri)
- Supporting the fibre planning team on their GIS needs like mapping and analysis
- Compile and update data capture information on GIS software and systems
- Perform data conversion using GIS software and systems
- Manage and maintain data set on our system
- Troubleshoot GIS problems and work with design team to resolution
- Ensure outputs are to the highest quality and adhere to client satisfaction
- Ensure project scope and guidelines are implemented consistently
- Assess & integrate new technologies and ways of working for continual improvement
- Produce working documentation and works instructions
- Draw up RF electrical/fibre networks and schematics
- Create and work in QGIS for planning routes and drawing network for fibre rollout
Key skills and experience
- A degree qualification in GIS/ Engineering / Data communications /Networks or a related field
- A min of 4 years in a similar position
- GIS Smallworld & AutoCAD skills
- Experience with GIS packages (QGIS, ArcGIS, MapInfo, AutoCAD, etc)
- Python/ MySql development experience within a GIS environment
- Fibre Network Planning experience
- Ability to multitask and work to a high standard
- Strong administration/documentation background
- Strong interpersonal skills in both oral and written communication
- An analytical, detail-oriented approach to work
- A willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent written communication skills
- Telecommunications experience Access & Core
Entegro is at the forefront of Telecommunications technology, designing and deploying gigabit networks for future generations. We are proud to be industry leaders, working with communities, industry and service providers, to empower and connect people, homes and businesses, in urban and rural areas.
Clients are at the heart of what we do, locally and internationally. They know they can depend on our expertise, experience, innovation and standard of service - qualities drawn from the two successful entities behind Entegro: i.p.One Ltd. and The Syncom Group. Whether it’s a green-field site or a network upgrade, we are your ideal partner, adding value, aiding growth and consolidating your network capacity requirements.
The name Entegro has its roots in the Latin word ‘integro’ - to integrate, recreate or renew, reflecting our ability to combine different elements into a better, unified system, and how we come together to deliver growth for our clients.
Entegro offers fully managed, out-sourced solutions or combinations of individual component services, as required. All backed by Entegro’s commitment to quality, communication and social responsibility.